Author Topic: Building a bank  (Read 7981 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
I started this office block last year but never got around to completing it. It was initially designed to come apart easily as it would span multiple baseplates. I resurrected it on Friday and pretty much rebuilt it all from scratch (exception being the curved window section) to restrict it to one 48x48 baseplate and make it more secure (was quite wobbly and a health hazard).

I did not intend to do an interior but once I placed a few white tiles on the ground floor I couldn't stop myself (well until I ran out of tiles).

It is still not complete but heading there and I think the most tricky parts are done.

Comments and criticisms (don't ask about working doors) welcome!

First photo is as it looked before I boxed it away in 2019..

LEGO Bank X 001 by David D, on Flickr

Rebuild since Friday..

LEGO Bank 007 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 010 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 013 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 022 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 049 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 073 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 098 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank 118 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank Y 001 by David D, on Flickr

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Financial district looks ultra modern ,the blue will really stand out with lighting, where's the safe .....and cameras ,I'm not doing a stakeout ...honest.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looks great David, especially the lobby!

I really want to ask about the doors now you mention it...

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks guys. There are two cameras in the lobby but I will place some on a big pole across the road from the main entrance :)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
So I managed to finish it. Sadly I have no more transparent blue bricks left, next office block I might try trans green (and grey!).

The 1x2x5 bricks in trans-light blue I have had since around 2009 and never found a use. Got through my stockpile with this build so I am happy with that :)

LEGO Bank Z 003 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank Z 004 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank Z 002 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank Z 001 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO Bank Z 005 by David D, on Flickr

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Needs an advertising billboard or a ton more ariels and a helipad for all the helicopters in LEGO cities, otherwise a great addition to your metropolis

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Needs an advertising billboard or a ton more ariels and a helipad for all the helicopters in LEGO cities, otherwise a great addition to your metropolis

I can add some more ariels for sure. Not sure about the helipad, could stick one on a tower but high risk. I did try to put in a company logo but I have no obvious place to do it unless I stick it on the tallest tower. I might check again and see how it looks but  initially I thought it detracted from the building

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Picture z004 ,above curve for logo/company name and the pad to the curves right was made for a skilled lego helicopter pilot ,more ariels  or dishes

• Lug.ie Team
I agree about the arials etc, definitely could use some rooftop furnishings!

Trying to picture the outside of major banks offices around Dublin... I think most just have the name or logo on a sign outside rather than on the building itself, something along the lines of my Shareface logo.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Tom expanding his criminal enterprise  ,hope the rents not extortionate

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Trying to picture the outside of major banks offices around Dublin... I think most just have the name or logo on a sign outside rather than on the building itself, something along the lines of my Shareface logo.

That's a class logo alright. A logo is a good idea John so I will experiment. If rooftop one doesn't work I could try street level although may have footpath issues!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The tennents one that ran down the side of the building on O'Connell bridge or would a whole facade of advertising like times square be OTT

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Looks fab David. One criticism though, you’d never get two tellers in a bank these days 😉

• Lug.ie Team
Do my eyes deceive me? Above the front windows I see what looks like six hinge tiles in light bluish gray, but when I looked for them to create window sill spikes on the side building of my train station in stud.io they only existed in old gray.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Time to pay Specsavers a visit. They are infact 1x4 LBG bricks with horizontal groove /cut out