Author Topic: Project Imperial Star Destroyer (Aggressor) by Raskolnikov  (Read 32614 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
I assume it scores low on "swoosh-ability" but if the interior is accessible it could have high play-ability ratings. So hre1d, do the roofs come off?

I suspect however that playing around with it may not be hre1d's plan. That said I could be wrong.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Sometimes I do question myself on whether or not to continue with it, mainly due to the cost...
Remember, as long as the parts are mainly LBG in colour and reasonably priced vs the market value its money well spent. If you ever tire of this you can of course re-use the parts so it's never a one-off expense with LEGO. And think of all that entertainment time spent clicking which otherwise could be spent elsewhere and maybe with associated costs like going to the cinema to watch TLM 2! Well that's how I internally process it.

Exactly David, that's the way I view it, LBG can always be re-used, someday when I decide to pack in SW and rekindle my first love of City/Town sets.

Dear god I love this. Will have to find out the end cost when your done to see if I could apply for planning permission from herself. Space will be hardest to find as have so much LEGO displayed in house as it is. But I’m sure cost is massive

Details is fantastic really excited to see the hangar detail given the detail already shown on inside.

Don’t see it being a very mobile display piece either. Will need to get you one of this glass coffee tables I have seen displaying the big falcon set.

Absolutely Aidan, I have all my BL invoices, and to be honest, I have been lucky with the cost so far, as I've spent quite a bit of time on BL and buying smart.  As mentioned in my OP, I picked up the entirety of Book 1 parts on eBay for an excellent deal, I think the guy just felt that he wasn't going to see the project through. 

Space wise, it's about the same length as 10221, albeit much wider, and slightly higher, but I do have a special place for it (it's replaced my dedicated 75192 space - which I purchased this time last year which still has the seal on the box).

Glass coffee table in my living room, hmmm, I think Mrs hre1d would have something to say about that!

Aidan, when I first set my eyes on this a few years back, I had the same feeling, I would love to build that.  Keep an eye on the other forums and eBay, I've seen a few examples of builds where they had decided not to continue with it, you could pick up a good deal!

I assume it scores low on "swoosh-ability" but if the interior is accessible it could have high play-ability ratings. So hre1d, do the roofs come off?

I suspect however that playing around with it may not be hre1d's plan. That said I could be wrong.

In it's current state, it's very 'swooshable', very study if you hold onto the black stands, but once finished, I would imagine it'll be much more difficult.

Yes, the bridge and the roofs lift off to access the interior, the video below displays the play-ability, although the original designer had made a few mods to his original design.

https://youtu.be/aKGaeZY8oeg?t=464

Yes David, it will mostly be for display, although I have found myself messing about with my mini Imperial Army in the canteen area.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
That video shows how fantastic the finished article will be. In reality the photos don't do it justice but the video does. Looks superbly built especially how the modular components are put together. Actually tempting me to get into Star Wars.. which is a thought I should bury!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Try the sorting hat to see which side picks you, please come to the darkside,and it's not so dark when you use your red lightsaber

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Quick update... Have been very busy in the past few months with a change of job, and haven't had as much time to work at the ISD.  Book 2 is complete, so I though I'd throw up a few images with the greebling. Excuse the crappy light in the images.

At the end of Book 2, the modular bridge was built, which can easily be removed to access the engine room.

Stormtroopers relaxing in the canteen after a hard days target practice at the shooting range... recognise the tables?

Book 2 completed state.

Book 3 is entirely focused on the underside of the ISD, so plenty of plates, tiles etc.  Few more BL orders to do and then can get started.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
I don't normally use the word but this is, awesome.

Offline Samsonite

This is amazeballs. I think that's what the kids say nowadays. Truly amazing though, quite jealous! Gobsmacking parts arrangements too. Looking forward to seeing more updates. Would you ever display it at an event?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Is this the ISD that's for sale on brickset, a project this size needs sponsorship from Disney and a team to assemble it. Although if I had the time and finances this would be an Ultimate Ultimate build

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Update time. 

I’ve recently acquired the LEGO 75252 ISD so I've decided to halt this project and putting it up for sale. 

To date, it's been an immense build but I've decided to call time on it.  I've listed all for sale details here: https://www.lug.ie/forum/index.php?topic=870.0

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Thanks

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
It would have been an amazing build but outright cost and really where could you put it were big negatives.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Shame, I would love to have seen how it turned out! Can definitely understand the difficulty of sourcing the parts for a huge build like this from Bricklink though.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
It would have been an amazing build but outright cost and really where could you put it were big negatives.

I had the room for it John, but now 75252 has or is planning to take it's spot, but yes, builds like this are costly. I'm still unsure whether to sell or not, would love to see it side by side with 75252 for comparison.  If the right person comes along and shows interest, I'll happily let it go.

Shame, I would love to have seen how it turned out! Can definitely understand the difficulty of sourcing the parts for a huge build like this from Bricklink though.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, it's the sourcing of parts which requires a lot of time and effort in BL. I quite like footering though BL, but something like this does require that next level of patience.  The next book is the underside, lots of large panels which meant digging deeper into the pockets ;-)

lego