Author Topic: Jeez, I'm starting to build up a backlog of sets!  (Read 1949 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
6 months worth at 1 set a month.but I've a 2 years backlog hence my "no buying lego" which fell on the blade with Dumbledores office ....42 euro was screaming at me!!!

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
It's display space that's killing me at the moment.  May have to find a different way to display some stuff.
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I can't display , it's all over the place but our of sight, new problem is boxes in the shed are susceptible to moisture and the table has 2Harry potter sets and cleaned bricks for set restoration from the mega dump haul! Weasleys Shack and the Anglia are on the menu

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Display space is a nightmare! I tried to hold off buying the big Technic helicopter but couldn't say no to €60 under rrp (although 2 weeks later I wished I had held off until it was around €75 under). I built it but it's sitting on top of my city bridge moc. Even if I had shelf space it's too big for any of my shelves!

Offline Seanjoc

• County: Tipperary
Guys I'm seriously thinking about grabbing some boxes in IKEA and starting to rotate as my Billie's are full and the backlog has over 40 sets. Any better ways of storing than bookshelves?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Install a shelf at near ceiling height , out of reach ,on display but not overly intrusive, and maybe less dust at that height

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
So, currently sitting unopened:
Mos Eisely Cantina 75290
Dinosaur Fossils 21320
Rocket / Launch Control 60228
Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout 76956
Darth Vader Meditation Chamber 75296

Well, it's October and of the list at the start of the thread remains unchanged, except for Sonic.

Have bought and built a good few more sets in the meantime.  I really should start documenting them here.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
You're lucky it didn't grow , I'm looking at the 12 off 100 in Smyths and itching up to buy-  but time to build is zero! And there's a new lego shop opening soon in Blanchardstown . I've at least 50 unopened ,on brickset my owned list is 400+ (minifigs and mostly small sets) only thing out is the Falcon I've got 70% but needs parts. Another "never to get finished" I'd say!

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
Oh, it grew, I've just not listed the stuff I've bought and built in the meantime!

Plus new additions to the backlog.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
"And built" with the video to go with them? , I love watching people build (austrianbrickfan does reviews that way) , must add time -fun or pain - to the build but great to watch anyway

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
Have to confess I've only a couple of videos recorded, haven't edited them up yet.  I'll certainly have to do one of Concorde.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Seriously majestic model, the details for its size are wonderful