Author Topic: The No Particular Topic Topic  (Read 51902 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
A full build from scratch is a major project ,how about getting a big set like 'tree feller'  or crane and MOD/improve that? Must do some legoing as I'm off for 4 days so far....

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Lisa if You have some spare time brickset are looking for a female to do a "meet a member" article ,they've had 3 male responses and asked if anyone else would/could. As I read the one posted it brings back the memories of lego and how you live with it and who you are right from scratch.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
A couple of good Lego news stories people may have missed:

The Lego Foundation pledged $50m to charity "Education Cannot Wait" for providing education to children in crisis situations - https://www.educationcannotwait.org/the-lego-group-and-the-lego-foundation-support-children-and-families-impacted-by-covid-19/

And Lego have started making protective eyewear for healthcare workers - https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-protective-eyewear-for-medical-professionals-during-covid-19-pandemic/

• Lug.ie Team

Anyone ever seen this? Thought it was interesting...

Lego Byggepinner, a short-lived building system from Norway in the mid-50's, produced by A/S Norske Legio under license from Lego apparently... who knew!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Has a stickle brick look to it ,might have been good for log cabin walls of trees if there though enough brown

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork

Anyone ever seen this? Thought it was interesting...

Lego Byggepinner, a short-lived building system from Norway in the mid-50's, produced by A/S Norske Legio under license from Lego apparently... who knew!

Where did you find that? Random Lego search?

• Lug.ie Team
Where did you find that? Random Lego search?

Reddit, all sorts of weird and wonderful tidbits of Lego history pop up there from time to time!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Brickset doing a SW trivia quiz ,and today I ventured into a Tesco nothing on sale but this store never seems to have deals or is it that there's no competition therefore no deals ,didn't look for clearance aisle though

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Brickset competition to build a polybag model ,enter multiple times and 2 categories- with minifig and without. Rules on brickset

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Opened 42104 technic race truck ,went looking to get small tyres for back  and waltzed into 4842 Hogwarts only two books and as it was a kid played lot the task is rotten but I've gotten well notified hall but lots of bits missing , some big I'll move it on so far then try flog it  -it'll go cheap but I must do build to see what's missing and it's a build that hopefully won't stick around

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Photo to show progress ,I'm aching from bent over ,sore eyes searching but feel like a kid so all's good

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Today I did an inventory of parts and mostly completed hagrids but ,a handful of parts missing but it's made and I'm done with them if anyone wants them( 4738 and 4842) for a proper steal ,some minifigs but none complete(could make 1 group)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Collecting a skip today exposed me to 5978 ,found a base plate 1st , then a few minifigs, it's hard to pick out\save lego while crying!!! It's absolutely filthy but not damaged ,gold coins in chest clean and skeleton in coffin. There was also castle parts but not much -I'm post photos when it's clean -3 plastic bottles full!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A western baseplate with a corner river  , I'm gonna have to stop rescuing dumped lego but it's cheaper than buying it and I do love the find feeling especially when it's oldish stuff

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
New theme "monkey kid" ,images of a ninjago nexo-knights style theme   .I'm loving the truck but financing for another theme probably won't happen since I'm getting Harry Potty addiction with the new sets that are coming out.

lego