Author Topic: LEGO Ideas vote for a theme-revival set  (Read 9574 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
To celebrate 90 years of Lego, they're holding a fan vote to pick a theme to be reimagined for one set  to be produced in 2022.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Castle ,pirates and adventures for me , seems everyone had an except me-didn't have too much as it was I guess but I've made up for that now

• Lug.ie Team
Although originally 3 themes were going to be selected for a second round of voting, they've increased it to four. Explanation below:

We believe that we have made a mistake in not having all the Castle themes as just the one option to vote on in the first round. Even if you combine 'Classic Castle' and 'Forestmen' and not all of the other Castle subthemes, it pushes the number of votes up and Castle would be in the top three. This is what the results would look like if we consolidated the sub-themes of Castle:

If we add up every user that cast either 1, 2, or 3 votes for Castle, that’s 33489 users (more than double the necessary votes to make the top three).
    If we add up all of the non-fantasy castle themes, excluding Classic Castle (Lion Knights, Black Falcons, Black Knights, Forestmen, and Wolfpack) there are 20821 users who cast a vote for at least one of these themes
    If we add up Forestmen, Lion Knights, and Black Nights, (the three themes to succeed the Classic Yellow Castle) there are16030 users who cast a vote, again enough to take the 3rd place position from Pirates.

We realize and take full responsibility, that we made the mistake of splitting the Castle vote. So we are going to have our second vote, increase from three options to four to include Castle. As to not push out Pirates.

This will mean that the second fan vote will kick off with the following options:

Bionicle
    Classic Space
    Pirates
    Castle

You can read more here and cast your vote in the second round of voting.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Bionicle is crap technic, it's a great kid toy as the models are super poseable .the constraction figures looked good enough too but hope this isn't the theme to celebrate 90 years of lego

• Lug.ie Team
Me too, it doesn't feel like Lego at all! I can't believe it made it into the list.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Bionicle - what a joke. Fact that so many Classic Castle sub themes were included rather than a Classic Castle theme shows some ill-judgement on behalf of the organisers lol

Didn't stop them changing the rules after though which is even funnier.

I voted for a remake of 6080