Author Topic: Irish Rail Ammonia Train  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I posted the digital model of this before, but now I've finally finished it in the brick!

This was a pretty massive undertaking, as it consists of six separate models: a locomotive, three ammonia tankers and two barrier wagons.

It's powered by two Circuit Cubes motors, although as yet they're untested because I barely have enough track to hold this lot.

Here's a closer look at everything individually:

There are more photos on flickr - the photos above are linked.

This is my last train for the foreseeable future, going to focus on city building and having somewhere to actually run the trains!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
It looks absolutely brilliant Tom.  You need to setup an attic city with lots of track for that.  I love the old Iarnród Éireann styling.  Memories of train trips to Dublin, sitting on bags as no room anywhere.

• Lug.ie Team
City construction is starting soon! I've cleared the tables and laid out a couple of the buildings. Most of it needs to be raised up by a height of about 6 bricks though, so I need to make a couple of wooden platforms.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Fantastic and a major addition to a train layout ,a big industrial area will be needed to offload chemical cargo

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Great work Tom. Engine is top class and the front design looks like the real thing. 7 wide trains look the business.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Are the instructions available or is this a build as you go , the DART pic on the home page looks great

• Lug.ie Team
I've got a stud.io file... might make instructions one day!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
You have 2trains if needed for the Raheny display? I'm thinking train for this if it gets a thumbs up!

• Lug.ie Team
Yeah, although this one needs a couple of tweaks to get it running properly - the motor is a bit weak.

lego