Author Topic: The No Particular Topic Topic  (Read 52026 times)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Is there a miniature of clock tower in the advent calendar , I'm hoping Tesco or artnhobby drop the price of whatever stock they've left

Not sure yet. I got a golden egg on a couch today..  I got the last HP advent calendar in Tesco in Mahon point (dumped on a shelf away from the toys). It was down to €14.06. Elf club house came back into stock this evening so that been ordered!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Must check my tescos

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Happy New Year and hope 2021 is the year we missed out on ,although  apart from no physical meets we got to the end  of 2020 safely so C'mon vaccine and get us bricking together again

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare

• Lug.ie Team
Apparently the world record for an "unmodified" Rubik's Cube solver robot has just been cut almost in half by a Lego robot called Cuboth, built by Elias Frantar. It averages about 1.9 seconds to solve a cube.

The previous record was also held by a Lego robot called Cubestormer 3. It averaged approximately 3.6 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjb-MmwueEQ&feature=emb_title

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Even in the slow mo ,I lost it ,my time is about 8mins -under pressure!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Even in the slow mo ,I lost it ,my time is about 8mins -under pressure!

My 10 yo son can do it in under a minute whereas the only time I ever solved one was when I took off the stickers ...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Picking up more dumped lego today and black angle parts and a 2x2 round plate with an imperial symbol on it  ,about a small lego set bag amount but trying not to think of what was dumped

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
More dumped lego and a mix of nexo ,SW and technic , a few plates and a few interesting parts , a little oily but twas loved by a kid by the way the stickers were applied and the minifig with no matching part. A volcano explorers set parts too so modern enough to not be throwing away. Another imperial 2x2 round printed tile,  about 10 years time I'll have a Death Star from my bin foraging

• Lug.ie Team
You should do some bin-foraged-only mocs, would be cool to see what you come up with!

I have a small ziplock bag of about 20 parts I've found out and about (or around the house when we moved in here!), cleaning them is a job that's on the long finger though...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I have about 4 plastic Roses boxes but all mix match that's from bins  ,I did find a 1x16 beige brick for Simpson's house  ,hopefully I'll find 3 1x6 beige tiles and 5 1x2 beige wedges and a brown window 1x2x3 , I did luck out before with a haul before it went in skip and Kwik-e-mart was there along with loads more bits of sets

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
More dumped lego today ,I rescued a minifig decapitated and driven over, hands still clutch and arms swivel but it's ugly! From the pile -Ninjago, minecraft and nexo knights lost plus side I've another treasure chest(nougat) ,a white helmet and more grey bricks for a castle. 2heads and a minecraft sheep. Also retrieved a small brickhead container -no lid  ,clean enough for where it had been,

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
75318 ,I mean who dumps a child in a skip, the box is tattered and 3 bags open/made ,minifig at the bottom of the box and 5 unopened bags and instructions ,id never buy this but at this price I'll suffer on. Hope it wasn't someone hiding it from a non lego person as a stop go  before bringing it in

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
75318, that's a great find!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Eyes are sore but I've made a child on my own. It's sturdy but some attachments don't seem well attached. The eyes are funny and the mouth opens so fun doing a Yoda voice while opening and closing the mouth. It's for sale too if anyone wants!

lego