Author Topic: New road type plates  (Read 10387 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
60304- roads with street furniture and scope for modification and more city line images to be seen

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I like them much more than road baseplates! Very customisable and seem like they fit better with modulars (not that I'm a modular fan) and other buildings that already have a pavement on the baseplate.

If we can't get road baseplates on LUGbulk, are you thinking of going for this style instead John? Large quantities of 16x16 plates and whatever large dark bluish gray tiles we can get would do nicely, plus a few white 1x4 tiles.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'd still go old road as they've got bends but if these are in the bulk im sold , and as You said on video plates give strength , but these roads play to plates rather than floppy plates. Blue and green and white are more what I want for water,grass and snow. Only concern is ,is the white line a sticker -it's on a 2x4 ,if a print 2x4 that'd be more preferred. They'll be 20euro at least I'm guessing so costly but already developed with extras.

Offline Brickstreet

Wow - these look like a lot of fun! Really customizable and definitely make it easier to have a nice modular buildings town! Of course we should probably be content with studs as the road surface - more authentically Lego-ish, but the smooth surface looks slick and like Lego on the screen. Presume this is more like medium-size Lego City set price than building plates.

• Lug.ie Team
I like them much more than road baseplates!

Changing my mind about these, having seen a couple of videos about them... they seem to be made of weird special plates, not too different from this, so they're not necessarily as customisable as they first seemed:

I'd much prefer a plain 16x16 plate covered in tiles!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The road ones have indents -2x4 tile size, and at 2 plates high ready made for customisation ,I think that green might be a 4+ plate

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Brickset does a review of them and a better look at some of the furniture

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I've chosen 60304 as my one a month ,I don't have a layout and only own 2old style road plates(straight and bend sections) these are more robust but need 2plate height for a street, 6wide just pass ,8wide must give way. A mod would be add 1stud width either side ,limited furnishings and the extras -flower plant stem and 2flower heads, and 3 1x1 trans round plate . The street lights aren't very high so trailers beware! I put the luminous pieces up to a light to charge them ,obviously not illuminating but having a lit effect on a fairly dark room, maybe with a set every 150mm and you get down to street level they might be more impressive.I hated the floppyness of the old plates but these are extra work and I don't know how they'll create a curve.there's on/off ramps and speed bumps too but my lowrider rig wasn't a fan .I've dipped my feet but I hope I can find an old style road plate supplier cos I'd rather not take this route

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A picture paints a thousand words???

• Lug.ie Team
Didn't realise they had luminous plates in the street lights... Better than nothing I suppose!