Author Topic: Cheap Lego  (Read 13758 times)

Offline Leighroy

• County: Carlow
Fellow members.
Just have to say that if you want to buy Lego cheaply just to build up your stocks, check out the Jack and jill charity shops. €10 kilo, and if your nice they might do a deal. Was in the arklow branch over the weekend and got nearly 16 kilos ( all I could afford) at a real good price. And while I was there they had another 20 kilos donated. Worth checking out.

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
160 for a mix bunch ,not sure how good a deal that is ,if twas all lego and you spotted needed pieces maybe not so bad ,I've had free lego and cleaning its a pain

Offline Leighroy

As I said, I got a very good deal and didn't pay nearly €160. And yes it's a very mixed bunch in what you get. And that very much depends on the donations. But you are also helping out a worthy cause in the process, and that's never a bad thing to be doing.

Offline Leighroy

Also it was 99.5% Lego, a few bits made it through. But that really couldn't be helped. I took a chance on buying the bags before they had been sorted, hence I got a bargain. Saved the women in the shop hours of sorting and bagging.

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
I meanly didn't think of the charity but it's also a lot to pay for the hassle of second hand lego

Offline Leighroy

Lol, each to their own I suppose. I thought I got a decent deal. And it's a lot cheaper than buying off Ebay and the like.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Fellow members.
Just have to say that if you want to buy Lego cheaply just to build up your stocks, check out the Jack and jill charity shops. €10 kilo, and if your nice they might do a deal. Was in the arklow branch over the weekend and got nearly 16 kilos ( all I could afford) at a real good price. And while I was there they had another 20 kilos donated. Worth checking out.
Nice, I'll check it out next time I'm near one of their shops! Although €10/kilo unsorted does seem a little steep so hopefully they'll do me a deal too...

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Thanks for the heads up Leighroy!
I'm a big fan of buying second hand LEGO.  I love sorting through and finding some gems.  I bought an Aldi bag full of LEGO from Facebook Marketplace last year for €20.  It was literally bursting full of LEGO.  When I was sorting it out I realised that it had most of 79003 An Unexpected Gathering (missing the minifigures) and 70728 Battle for Ninjago City!!

I don't mind cleaning the bricks.  It's not for everyone, but anything without a print or sticker gets put in a delicates bag and chucked in the washing machine!

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
Cleaning the studs that were played with is my bugbear ,adult displayed is mainly dust , kidplayed is anything and chewed(nephew has separator and still use s teeth to seperate) i still have loads to clean and can't make the time to do it

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Guys,

A kilo is A LOT of LEGO.

Bear in mind the the Helm's Deep set is under 2KG with huge box and heavy instructions included. Certainly costs a lot more than 20euro :D

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
How did the lego work out Leighroy ,I didn't sort through the amount i got -knees gave up and eyes weren't far behind, have most of the instructions so maybe a summer project will be the Hogwarts ones