Author Topic: Pub and bookshop rebuild  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I revamped my old pub/bookshop MOC over the summer. The scale seemed a little bit too large compared to my other city MOCs, so I completely rebuilt it with reduced width (each building is now 24 studs wide, I think before they were 28), and reduced window size and floor height, which allowed me to add an extra floor while keeping it about the same overall height.

I also added a full interior in the upper floors - previously only the ground floor had an interior. Upstairs from the bookshop there's a cafe with seating over two floors and some cobwebby storage on the top floor. Upstairs from the pub is the landlord's apartment, with a kitchen and living room on the first floor, a couple of bedrooms and a bathroom on the second floor and on the top floor a room where he runs an illegal poker game.

I added proper masonry brickwork and windows on the end of the pub instead of the plain tan wall with a billboard, and extended the stone facade of the front of the pub around to the side.

With the roof removed, the building can be split in two and the dividing walls can be opened up to see inside the upper floors.

The upper (masonry brick) section of each building can also be entirely removed to see into the ground floor as with the original MOC.

All photos in the album, and a select few below. I also now realise that there are a number of details I've forgotten to take photos of - the newly refurbished end of the building and the illegal poker room stand out as missing so I'll try and get around to photographing and uploading them soon.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Serious detail - curtain folds! And still loads of room

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Nice work Tom, really like the details on the bed headboard and the roller blind!  Wouldn't fancy being in that room with spider, could get tangled up in that web very easily ;-)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Great redesign Tom. Love all the little details too especially that bed design. I may need to “borrow” that!

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Thanks all!

Patrick, by all means... most of my furniture is second hand though, by which I mean the design has been pre-borrowed from somewhere else :D

lego