Author Topic: New sets available  (Read 18716 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
LEGO have announced 40 new sets are now available to VIP members online. Sets include the released Taj Mahal.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Lots of new sets to relieve any money that's left ,8wide speedchampions is killing the 6wide fan and nailing the 4wide coffin , I appreciate how better\realistic they look but price is for me not justifiable, hope a price war solved this problem C'mon smyths  vs argos (whoever looses We win)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Harry Potter fans rejoice at new sets ,despair at more sets to acquire, but they look great. Wider seems to be where the vehicles are in LEGO lately ,  today I saw an electric car and seems there is a place for 4-wide still in legoland. I guess online is the only place to get any set now.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
76176 marvel -shang chi escape, 30euro- stylish car , 2 motorbikes ,4 minifigs and 2 spring shooters- 1 disk, 1 projectile. As a new release it's mildly high  but it's on my radar when reduced

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
60293 stuntz 30 euro -it's new- but has new road plate sections ,a spider and the bike with 2 minifigs, the big Rig is what I'm really after but I'd budget for this if it could go under 25

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Anyone in the hotelier market? The next modular is a 3 bedroom hotel ,has a triangular shape but with some filling out the already full rooms could be improved on, it's way off my range but as a budding airline boss I'd love to enhance my emerging airline operation with whole package holidays, will I splash on a, IMO, a huge set ,realistically NO

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Not that I've ever bought a modular or ever will but it's a nice looking set! I've been keen on doing my own kind of pointy corner building like that some time. But they've kind of ruined that aspect of it by making it only usable on a 90 degree corner - the side with the little art gallery is ugly and looks like it's made to butt up against another modular. Rules out the possibility of a diagonal side street running behind it, kind of defeating the purpose of the building's angular-ness and taking away from its realism. You don't see buildings that shape unless the streets around them dictate it.

Interesting to see the colour of the first floor - apparently light nougat, never used outside of minifig heads before.

Brickset already has a review: https://brickset.com/article/66305/review-10297-boutique-hotel

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
It needs a serious mod on all levels and a 4th floor as there's 4keys for 3 rooms and toilets are like hens teeth (I know lego doesn't need to go ...but) ,it's 200 price is being moaned on already. At 160 I'd forego any other spending to nab it

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Fourth key probably the master key or one for the front door. I think the bathroom looks great and the palm tree design, I think it uses a crown piece?

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
https://brickset.com/article/70029/review-21332-the-globe

A great looking ideas set! Numerous globes have been submitted to Lego ideas in the past but this I'm glad they chose this design (although the geography of the original submission left a bit to be desired, which has thankfully been improved upon). Probably a bit pricey for what it is but if I can find anywhere to put it I'll certainly consider it at sale prices...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Looks like crap! A dust nightmare and only shows continent names, is rather an actual globe! And if it fell I'd be going to jail!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Got the smallest Stuntz in agros but can't open till next month(one per month), as the bikes alone are 8 each ,15 is a  mini-deal, my want is the big Rig but even at 48 i need it to be cheaper, I must get the other bike set -22euro ,might have to let actual kids play with them too as the function looks cool

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Any car/speed champions/8wide fans ,the 4 being released on 1st March look great ,mildly pricey but average enough. Tons of sticker but looking fab

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
In u.k. Smyths had poly bags for new city and friends ,wonder if here did or does anything

Offline stereo441

• County: Down
They did it in the North

lego