Author Topic: List of online resources for LEGO enthusiasts  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I use here and brickset -wake-up call, that I keep snoozing, I've got a lot of toys not for playing with! I'm intrigued by rebrickable to inventory what you've got. I guess as I don't smash up the sets only modify slightly it doesn't matter what I've got

• Lug.ie Team
I smash up (almost) everything and still don't bother with that feature of rebrickable!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
You sound like my nephew-7 ! There's a lot of lego related stuff where no actual lego might be needed -virtual bricks ,now that would be welcome here

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I keep all my sets as sets ... in zip lock bags or built in the attic and my MOC LEGO completely separate. Now where’s my Kragle gone 😉

Great list Tom. Thnaks

• Lug.ie Team
I'm working towards full sorting so sets I want to rebuild wouldn't be too hard to find the parts for, but as far as MOCs are concerned the whole collection is fair game!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Bricklink fishing but carrot of WIN a set hooked me ,not a user by any means so I'm not hopeful of a win ....but I'm hoping like the surveys I fill out for the lego sets

Offline Sean

• County: Galway
Thanks Tom,

I started to catalogue on rebrickable initially to see what MOCs I had the parts in my collection to be able to build and also for sets I've missed to see what I might be missing part wise to enable me to build and so on.

As my collection got bigger it also became useful for keeping track just in case I ever had to replace anything God forbid something was to happen in the house. However, in the event of a catastrophe most of our collections would not be covered under general home contents insurance as far as I know. I don't know if anyone has ever looked into insuring their Lego, may be worth a thread. I contacted a broker in Galway and never heard back so must try a few more maybe further afield.

If anyone is interested in labels for their part storage Tom Alphin (brick architect) does some great ones for the most common parts, adding new ones every month or 2. You do need a Brother label printer that you can hook up to a PC to use them but they are very good. He has a lot of other interesting stuff like part colour studies and a guide for making the most of Lugbulk purchases (haven't got to that one yet).

This is the site anyway https://brickarchitect.com .....why I replied in the first place :-)

All the best
Seán

• Lug.ie Team
Oh yeah those labels are very popular, I'll add them to the list!

I too would be interested in insurance... I've heard from someone in the past that an insurer they tried asked for a list of sets they own for the insurance... that wouldn't suit for me at all, nor for many here I imagine, much more of my collection is in loose parts than sets!

Offline Sean

• County: Galway
It's a pretty tedious job cataloguing parts alright. I think once I get to the end of the current bulk lot I'll be sticking to sets for a while. Much less time consuming to keep a tally on.

lego