Author Topic: The No Particular Topic Topic  (Read 50696 times)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
I thought I'd start a thread for random LEGO related news/events/chitchat

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
I got a text from my 7 year olds school today. After Easter they're going to be offering a LEGO after school class, one day a week.

Seriously, when did school start being so much fun. I went to that exact same national school & we lived in fear of Sr. Vincent and her ruler 😱 I'm not jealous or anything........

Anyway, my little fella can't wait for it to start and I can't wait to hear what they get up to!

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
My Daughter is doing a lego camp with an entertainer ,I'm not allowed take her  it's 50 Euro so I'll be expecting bulging pockets every evening

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I got a text from my 7 year olds school today. After Easter they're going to be offering a LEGO after school class, one day a week.

That sounds brilliant. Might be too far of a commute for me though ....

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
John, I'm visualising you having a tantrum and stomping your feet because you're not allowed to go!!

I'm actually surprised these groups haven't started a destressing/mindfullness/team building thing for adults....

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
I was checking out Facebook Marketplace today and someone is selling a MOTHERLOAD of LEGO.

I messaged him because I was interested in Downtown Diner but he wants to sell it as a job lot.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/410341519751492/

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
That is impressive!

I picked up the diner myself the other day. My first modular.  It’s on special in Smyths at the moment. I emptied my change jar and lied to my better half about what it cost 😉

Looking forward to building it this weekend.

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
Had the "I want the house back" conversation rear it's ugly head ,so grabbed some stuff and headed out quick ,no avoiding it though ,tantrums or not

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Had the "I want the house back" conversation rear it's ugly head

That happens regularly in our house. I tend to get the kids to help clear up so it’s not quite as messy. It’s all their fault really ... ahem! Seriously considering moving house to have a Lego room 😂😂

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
A basement or a great shed or massive attic , my problem is it's stored everywhere plus the what's out this month on the table , ostrich politics will win this for me I'm sure

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
This might be going off topic but ...

I built my first modular this weekend, Diner 10260.  I really enjoyed it. Lots of detail and picked up a few techniques on the way.

One thing I did notice is that it had a lot of the pieces I’m always looking for for my MOCs. When you factor in shipping on Bricklink with the pieces I’m looking for, it works out about half the cost per piece. Is this a good way to buy bricks? I’m normally very lord business, sets are bagged separately in one location with Lego for MOCs in another.  I’m afraid I’ll start twitching if I buy a set just to use for pieces 😜 What do you guys do?

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
Sounds like you need us to tel you get another diner, depending on how many of that specialized brick you need -price per piece usually 10-12 cent per brick but that's price divide by pieces, I can't imagine it's a way of getting the volume of one type of brick without using bricklinkers plus when you use the bits from the set its never going to be complete  and the kraggle could render those pieces unusable

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Well it is on special at the moment ...😉

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
This might be going off topic but ...

I built my first modular this weekend, Diner 10260.  I really enjoyed it. Lots of detail and picked up a few techniques on the way.

One thing I did notice is that it had a lot of the pieces I’m always looking for for my MOCs. When you factor in shipping on Bricklink with the pieces I’m looking for, it works out about half the cost per piece. Is this a good way to buy bricks? I’m normally very lord business, sets are bagged separately in one location with Lego for MOCs in another.  I’m afraid I’ll start twitching if I buy a set just to use for pieces 😜 What do you guys do?

If you don't think the pieces will fall in price in BL soon then it's a good way to source them if also all the other parts are at similar price to BL prices. You are buying a whole set of parts afterall and you may be saving some these sought after parts but paying above the odds for the others. Any example parts?

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
If you don't think the pieces will fall in price in BL soon then it's a good way to source them if also all the other parts are at similar price to BL prices. You are buying a whole set of parts afterall and you may be saving some these sought after parts but paying above the odds for the others. Any example parts?

Tiles, anything in tan, windows and modified bricks were the main parts. Looking at the set, there is a big baseplate and some larger plates as well that would come in handy. Not sure about the pink Cadillac though ... might have to stick that on adverts!