Author Topic: Cleaning my collection  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Noel

• County: Dublin
Hi everyone,

So over the weekend I took out some sets from my childhood collection, mostly sets from the early to mid 90s to clean them up. A thick layer of dust and grime pretty much coats them all. I tried the vacuum (low power!) on some but most the dust is baked on so after I got some soapy water and went to work with a toothbrush.

Most turned out well but I did scratch a few parts (went too strong on the toothbrush me thinks) so for the next round I’ll be more careful.

To anyone that may be interested here’s some of my results. Overall it was quite rewarding seeing the improvement!

Noel

Before

After

Before

After

During

After

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Nice job Noel. A huge improvement. I have the same issue and these photos are tempting me to try out the same. May have to raid the bathroom for a toothbrush though ..

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Full teardown and provided you have the instructions you get to rebuild a clean set ,a washing machine  with bricks in a sock bag could work , I'd probably go water brush and sink ,in my job i find/salvage dumped lego ,I'm currently getting a 2nd collection going but it'll respected like m.b.

lego