Author Topic: Winter Village Post Office  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I took all the feedback of the original post office onboard and now that it has a new roof, new level, new interior and new lights, I reckoned it was a new MOC!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Looks a lot busier too, bed won't see much use!???

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Really like the changes you have made. Extra detail brings it to life, and those sacks are perfect for a overflowing post office this time of year. Nice job with the roof underside, good you've managed to keep the colour coordination going with the hinge which I think looks great. If you are open to suggestions I have a few thoughts..

If you can fit in a chimney this would be a big help for Mr Claus and would allow you to include some LBG, LEGO's best colour.

You could also include a standard LEGO spruce tree (3471) or two outside.

The outside lamp looks to me to be installed a little low, maybe if it was one brick higher minifigs wouldn't bang their heads so often. Alternatively it could be made a little less part-heavy although I do see the plus of the old look you are giving it.

The post office sign could be made in one line to facilitate the above, unless you are a big fan of big signs!

The arch over the door seems to be one brick too low meaning an inevitable lawsuit from a tall minifig someday. I see the complication is in the staggered use of masonry bricks so not sure how you could easily fix it and you probably considered this already. As you have not used a baseplate you could actually take off the floor and build down. Would need you to lower the window and do some tweaks but would be an option.

Of course these are all subjective points so you might not agree with them. You can take them with a large pinch of salt ;)

Overall I think this is a great MOC and its great to see a MOC evolve and improve. Look forward to seeing more.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
... If you can fit in a chimney this would be a big help for Mr Claus and would allow you to include some LBG, LEGO's best colour.
I debated whether to add a chimney or not.  Added one now.  I think it works.
You could also include a standard LEGO spruce tree (3471) or two outside.
Have a few of them scattered around with some lamp posts.
The outside lamp looks to me to be installed a little low, maybe if it was one brick higher minifigs wouldn't bang their heads so often. Alternatively it could be made a little less part-heavy although I do see the plus of the old look you are giving it.
I've raised it a little and added some ivy underneath.  I like the old style look to it so need those parts!
The post office sign could be made in one line to facilitate the above, unless you are a big fan of big signs!
Managed to fit it in with the big sign :)
The arch over the door seems to be one brick too low meaning an inevitable lawsuit from a tall minifig someday. I see the complication is in the staggered use of masonry bricks so not sure how you could easily fix it and you probably considered this already. As you have not used a baseplate you could actually take off the floor and build down. Would need you to lower the window and do some tweaks but would be an option.
The door is exactly 6 bricks high so if I raise it there would be a gap above the door.  The postal union is too strong for a draughty workspace!
Of course these are all subjective points so you might not agree with them. You can take them with a large pinch of salt ;)
Always good to get feedback.  I feel it helps the builds improve!  Somebody put up a Christmas tree too :)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Like the changes Patrick. Looking forward to seeing the full layout.

Offline Samsonite

Ho ho ho! Expect to see Santa on that chimney soon

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Ho ho ho! Expect to see Santa on that chimney soon
Not only did he arrive ... he left Lego under the tree!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
A reveal of the lego under said tree, mine was a T-red transport hidden in blindside of tree and 40 anniversary technic   gyro copter -wanted but wouldn't ever have got myself