Author Topic: Lego exhibitions/shows  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Scoobynorm

Is there anywhere that gives a list of times and places of lego exhibitions in Ireland UK and Europe???

Thank you

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Blocks Magazine has a list of exhibits that are coming up in Europe and beyond.

If you are passing an Easons check out pages 103 and 104.

Offline Scoobynorm

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow
Brickset keeps tabs on (all / most) events.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
limerick -Southcourt hotel Sun 8th - 10am-6pm  ,diorama ,diecast models   and a lego display ,last year i had to run around as my Daughter wasn't allowed to touch the toys....I mean models. Lego, corgi  and britains toys ain't cheap but these displays look amazing and some farm setups go all-out for reality and this year I won a loader model on Facebook so I'm LIKEing and going to this event

Offline wallyjarek

Maybe we can do event calendar?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Jaerek You seem to be doing well publicised events with the exception of what comes via Blanchardstown library so anything else may not be on our radar unless We organise more frequent meet/display events

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Maybe we can do event calendar?
Yeah if we had a calendar of shows outside of Ireland... might be a factor in my choosing of holiday dates/destinations. Don't think the girlfriend would be all that pleased though :D

Offline Merlin

• County: Dublin
last year i had to run around as my Daughter wasn't allowed to touch the toys....I mean models.
There is good reason most exhibitors do not like children touching their models, children have sticky fingers, both types! While the medium chosen for our displays is primarily a childrens toy, it's like saying kids can go play with paintings in a gallery because they have paint at home and at school. People have invested a lot of time and money in their displays and while official sets and technic are designed for play and have durability built in to the design, a lot of MOCs are not designed this way The minifigs have usually been positioned to make a scene, some of the techniques used can be fiddly, unstable and delicate so kids touching a display can easily damage a model requiring the exhibitor to fix it or remove it from display if it's not a quick fix. I've been exhibiting for about a year and a half now, in that time i've only exhibited once without barriers (Culture Night 2018) and it is the only time i've had to clean chocolate from my models, and 3-4 minifigs from my Ninjago City & Docks display went missing. This experience has put me firmly into the barriers are essential camp of exhibitors. Especially as i've now mostly moved away from having official models padding out space on a table and my MOC displays are getting more complex and detailed as i learn new techniques and use them for displays.

I'd love to do culture night again this year, and any other exhibits LUG.ie has planned, but lack of barriers means having to spend most of your time asking children not to touch the displays and that constant inturruption makes it really difficult to hold a converstation with those who are interested in finding out more about what you have on display. So unfortunately this has put me off displaying with LUG.ie for the moment which is a shame as it's something i'd like to do.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'm against these models being called toys as the price is ridiculous to let it be destroyed by kids ,the show on Sunday is amazing and I'm going to regret bringing my Daughter and I'll be jealous that I can't show off what I have, same for scalextric -great fun but kids wreck the cars and tear the track.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The set up had barriers enough to keep small hands off, the lego section was small in comparison to the tractor\truck\construction and my Daughter was patient although I tasked Her with finding a pikachu so She was more inquisitive than me. One guy had minifigs and rare ones too and a build a minifig -4Euro  or 3 for10 , I won a JCB  loader on Facebook so it was a good show for me

Offline wallyjarek

The set up had barriers enough to keep small hands off, the lego section was small in comparison to the tractor\truck\construction and my Daughter was patient although I tasked Her with finding a pikachu so She was more inquisitive than me. One guy had minifigs and rare ones too and a build a minifig -4Euro  or 3 for10 , I won a JCB  loader on Facebook so it was a good show for me

What time you were there? I had to leave event at 2:20 pm

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I knew Your stuff -the flowers ,the mosaics really got my Daughter as they were sesame street and the boat -Leinster was well made ,the trucks and farm stuff was my draw

Offline DaveNoCheese

I didn't realise you were going to the show John. I there until around 2pm and was back again at 3:30pm, I could have said hello if I had known!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I recognised Jaereks flowers but didnt  see him ,I should have asked but my sidekick wasn't a stopper , thinking about it the lego stands had heaps and very varied in terms of themes