Author Topic: Offices of "Shareface"  (Read 11381 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
A new city building is underway to go with the pub/bookshop. It's the head offices of Shareface, a social media company with questionable ethics!

Here's the progress so far:

Working to a deadline of Friday for the Blanchardstown library event so expect more updates soon!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
No pressure ,love the logo sign and lots of light to keep the unethical enlightened

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Have to echo John's comment, love that sign! Always good to have a build deadline and can’t wait to see the finished product.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Wow that logo is super cool and realistic. Great brand name too.

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks everyone :)

Almost finished this last night. Still left to do is a little bit of the interior (the ground floor will have an interior, but none of the rest - like the pub and bookshop) and filling the gap inside the bottom of the glass structure. Also at some point I want to put in opening lift doors using the mechanism I posted here - but due to time constraints I've left that out for the time being!

Here are a few exterior shots in the meantime:

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Very safe on top,  this building has an architectural project feel to it, Your gonna have an enviable layout when You get sorted. The questionable ethics people probably have 4wide cars  to really highlight the questionable ethics,

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Looks great!  Echoing everyone's opinion on the logo - it's fab!  I'd love to see a picture of the side (to the right of the curved windows).
Do you keep your MOC's in a layout (if so I'd love to see a picture!), or are they stand alone?

• Lug.ie Team
The questionable ethics people probably have 4wide cars to really highlight the questionable ethics

I'll have to make a 4-wide car just for them! Hopefully having to sit in that confined space will teach them the error of their ways.

Looks great!  Echoing everyone's opinion on the logo - it's fab!  I'd love to see a picture of the side (to the right of the curved windows).
Do you keep your MOC's in a layout (if so I'd love to see a picture!), or are they stand alone?

Hopefully I'll get the last few bits finished this week and then I'll take a load more photos, including the sides! In the meantime I have this photo from the Blanchardstown event where you can see it, albeit in poor resolution.

No layout yet - the only city builings I've got are this and the pub/bookshop - but I have plans to tie these together with some roads and quays before I launch into another building.

• Lug.ie Team
Finally put the finishing touches on this - added a few interior details and some further structural support for the curve.

On the outside, I've added a stop sign for the side road to the left of the building and some tactile pavements at the crossings at either side.

Here's an exterior shot of the side:

And one from the back:

And one of the stop sign/tactile pavement:

Now for the interior details. First, the reception desk.

In true Silicon Docks fashion (at least I assume), the receptionist has a tablet rather than a computer.

At the back right of the building there's a coffee dock, to fuel all those Shareface drones who love working really long hours.

Here's the lift. Unfortunately I never got around to installing the mechanism for opening the lift doors.

Since the lift must therefore be out of order, it's just as well I gave the Shareface drones a fancy spiral staircase!

There are a few more pics in the flickr album :)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The detail even down to the stairs is mega ,seriously imposing building maybe a helipad and a rooftop pool is all any questionable company needs

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Finished product is fantastic. Really like that staircase... you might see it again in another MOC soon 😜

• Lug.ie Team
Finished product is fantastic. Really like that staircase... you might see it again in another MOC soon 😜

If you plan on replicating it, beware that it's quite unstable on its own, so I secured it to the wall at the fifth step. It happens to very neatly come to 90 degrees by the 5th step when you push the steps together at their minimum angle so that the handrail pieces are touching each other!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
If you plan on replicating it, beware that it's quite unstable on its own, so I secured it to the wall at the fifth step. It happens to very neatly come to 90 degrees by the 5th step when you push the steps together at their minimum angle so that the handrail pieces are touching each other!

Thanks for the tip!  In my house, Lego is not something to admire and gaze at, anything that is built faces rigorous testing for playability ;-) 

lego