Poll

Would you be interested in participating in a LUGBULK order?

Interested
10 (76.9%)
Not Interested
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 16, 2019, 09:54 pm

Author Topic: LUGBULK Order?  (Read 7485 times)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Hi Everyone,

We have an opportunity to buy discounted LEGO through a LUG bulk buying programme.  Before we decide to proceed we need to see how many members would be interested in participating. There will be restrictions on the LEGO pieces available and they will need to be purchased in minimum quantities. They will however be at a greatly reduced price. Is this something you would be interested in?

Offline Merlin

• County: Dublin
Worth noting that those of us who are also members of Brick.ie (or any other LUG), you can only participate in LUGbulk with one LUG so you will have to choose which one and this will be BEFORE any LUG gets to see available parts and registered members get to pick what they are interested in so don't sign up to more than one thinking you can coose to go with the one with best parts selection later, as you will not be able to place orders with more than one and may be banned from participating at all in future with any LUG if found to be trying register with more than one LUG at a time for the service.

Offline wallyjarek

• County: Limerick
Minimum order now is €4800 for a lug.
I’m a member 3 lugs, my first I ordered in Poland but next years in Ireland.
I can think about lugbulk here.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
If you make them aware of the other memberships and as an order can be combined with more than one lug.......one order to bind them all, one order to find them all....sorry I like Lord of the rings

Offline Merlin

orders can be combined, but as far as i know that is at LUG level not member level, so LUGs process members orders as normal, members can still only participate in one of the schemes and then LUGs order together combining their orders to one large one. i'm guessing both LUGs would need to have the same part selection as the limit per order is 85 different parts. this is for smaller LUGs who wouldn't have the required number of people participating.

You can order along with any LUG you are a member of as long as you only order from one of them each year, but you are not tied to any of them from year to year.

I highly recommend anyone who builds MOCs to participate, there is a maximum spend per person which is lower than you might think so the issue is not how are you going to spend enough to allow the LUG as a whole to participate, but how many parts are you going to take away from your order to get back down below the maximum spend limit. a LUG needs 21 people doing this (Maxing out their order), or more if people are not maxing out their spend limits or no one gets anything. It's important to remember that registering to participate does not mean you are required to order, nor are you required to max out your orders spend limit. so the more people registered to take part the more chances there are of everyone getting to order nice cheap lego direct from the factory ;)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I'd be interested in participating!

Edit: Oh, didn't see the poll.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Count me in as well.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
If the usual amount that log on  vote We'd know where We stand as regards the interest in an order and what cost could be involved, a meet in November is probably required too

Offline Merlin

the poll has less than half the required number of participants showing interest and that's with everyone of them maxing out their order, i'd say it looks unlikely for this year... as you'd need about 30 people involved so that everyone is not forced to spend the max amount which would be a requirement with 21 people, less than 21 and nothing happens as the lug can't meet the minimum spend, more than 21 and people start to get some wiggle room spend wise for each additional person signed up and ordering.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Is joining forces with brick.ie out of the question?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Id say they could go it alone without us ,maybe more promo to generate interest

Offline Merlin

Is joining forces with brick.ie out of the question?
From what i've heard LUG.ie was started as a breakaway group of Brick.ie members that were not happy with some things at Brick.ie, so official connections between the 2 LUG's is unlikely in the near future. That said many of us are members of both and to me that's the best option, each LUG has it's strengths and there is nothing stopping people joining both and benefiting from a larger overal community with more events and meet ups than if you were just part of one of them.