Author Topic: 2023 Plans  (Read 2409 times)

Offline BrickSwords

• County: Dublin
In honour of Tom publishing his Ambitious 2023 Plan, I thought it might be interesting for everyone to write down their Lego Resolutions for 2023... Only the good ones, none of that 'Spend Less Money' stuff
So Please feel free to write your plans, it'll give the rest of us something to look forward to and maybe some peer pressure to help

So, my resolutions are
Jan/Feb- put up shelves in bathroom to display Modular series… buy Jazz Club when desirable GWP is available

Mar/Apr- modify HP Shrieking Shack (76407)into Dr Frankenstein’s laboratory. Modify Haunted House (10273)to remove elevator shaft and replace it with monster and vampire lair.

May/Jun- expand Winter Village to include reindeer stable. Add ski slope that’s due to be released this year

All 2023- expand MOC castle to build landscape

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looking forward to updates on these! Slightly concerned over whether Lego stands up well to the atmospheric conditions of a bathroom... I guess as long as you're not putting anything with lights or motors it's probably fine :)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Can we are what your winter village looks like?. My no spend plans died today -Dumbledore office 41.50 ,next Christmases present!- I'm only liking the JCB and bin truck. I've a ton to clean and try to rebuild as they should be!

Offline BrickSwords

So I didn't get it all transferred to MILS this year as I expected. I got 2 base plates done but never managed a third/fourth and didn't get to include the elves club house or even room for Santa and his sleigh... hence my plan to expand it in June... but I do like having a base to put everything and I'm quite proud of how the river turned out

This is a bit bare as I only took the photo after I'd started to take it apart

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I remember it now. Thanks for showing again! I love the gazebo and husky sledge. My table of all the past calendars is an orgy of lego .I had a friends ski lodge that I didn't put out but this should be on  my" DO IT" list to use the base plates and make a proper scene. It's much easier to put back into the calendar boxes from whence they came

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
The mega (2 suitcase) haul clean-up is making a move , weasleys  shack and car are revealing themselves 4840 -shack and 4841 minus the train

Offline BrickSwords

An update of my 2023 projects:

I built shelves but I'm not completely happy with the modular layout yet. Also hoping to buy the Jazz Club next week when the removal van GWP becomes available.

I've converted the elevator shaft into a mysterious monster. Very happy with the way it turned out but waiting on some pieces to finish off the vampire lair in the attic

I've made good progress with my halloween scene.
Expanded the shrieking shack to fit more into it and removed the winter theme.
Built a garden scene with greenhouse. Just waiting on some parts to makes the plants more ghoulish.
Not sure on what I'm going to put in downstairs on the Shrieking Shack.

Any suggestions welcome.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looks great Brickswords! Really like that monster and the progress on the Halloween garden. The shack could possibly do with some vines growing up it?

Also from my experience with my parents' greenhouse, they're great homes for big spiders so that could add a bit more creepiness to the build!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A ready to be built, cleaned shuttle "Adventure"

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
20 or so pieces missing from shuttle, the attachment booster rocket and car are M.I.A. It's a great build although it'll never be completed by me as I may not bother getting the few pieces I'm sure I won't have. Maybe when I've gone through the others I could do a bricklink order ( could be a year or so though!)

lego