Author Topic: Classics anyone?  (Read 19918 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The difference in builds of today versus 90's makes the old stuff seem
overly blocky although the sail board has a simplistic reality that can't be improved on

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
One of favourite sets ever - Vacation Hideaway.
Missing from the picture are male & female minifigures, a bbq and a red bicycle.  I do still have them, they're just mixed in with other things!

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Another vehicle from my younger days collection: 6430 - Night Patroller.

Loved this set when I was a kid, I guess it was the 9V pack which operated the sirens/lights, and set it off from most other City/Town vehicles at that time.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I loved putting together the lights on the old sets,  the newer vehicles look more realistic  as a whole but no more room than the old ones for drivers

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Bump to this thread.

6832 Blacktron Super Nova II

I think I've a few other Blacktron sets from yesteryear... time to start looking, perfect plan for a Sunday afternoon.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Yearly bump (strangely to the date)... my folks were clearing out their attic at the weekend and came across this little gem, hidden away inside an old sweetie box.

Even has the original bags and spares inside.  So of course I was straight out today on the hunt for more, but sadly no luck.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Nice box art showing alt builds,  hate to admit the 4wide is more to minifig scale for this type of vehicle ,I'm a 6wide fan but 8 is sticking it's studs in so I'll be the reminisser soon. Love the sunlight /opening roof too

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I had that set, that brings back memories!

Wow, they really put the effort in with the alternative models back then didn't they!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
8159 half complete ie.redcar missing heaps of parts ,well played with and hands removed,replaced by yellow. Didn't seem sturdy but it is ,SPOILER it's an 8wide ,which would fit with recent speed champions

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
8141 pullback and crash to pop off the engine missing a few bits ,had to use 3pins in blue as I had no black and a few other swapsies of colour or brick style! Only one part missing the engine cowl, as this was a rescue from the depths of the dump I'm super happy and I might even rescue a cowl part another day. Warning to parents "DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN PLAY WITH  LEGO" this is what happens and as much as I enjoy building I hate having to scrape about to make incomplete sets

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
On yeah , too eager to rant , here's the photos ,one has another pull back motor (maybe for a tractor!)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Photo???

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team

Some new posters for the home office (excuse the reflection) - really digging the 1993/1994 Town sets at the moment.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Love the middle picture, as a big rig fan and I'm seeing it in black trashing KITT ,I loved knight rider too

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
What a coincidence haha, every bricklink order I've placed in the last couple of years I've been checking to see if stores have these 3 on my "Posters" wanted list!

Did you have these since the 90s or did you buy them? I used to have the airport one, sadly no more.