Author Topic: World Cup Competition  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Sean

• County: Galway
Inside

Offline Sean

• County: Galway
Haha, just spotted that autocorrect changed Cratchit to Crotchet :)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
This can stay for the upcoming season.love the snow hanging , the carol singers are a great WV addition. Hope they're not singing "it's coming home"

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Great scene Sean. Not sure who'd win cat vs rat though

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Well having got Group A I avoid the temptation to building something Qatar related.

So here's an Inca temple from the jungles of Ecuador. Had to Google to be sure the Incas were present there once so was glad they were. My little helper helped a lot especially with creating the jungle scene and loaning the explorers, animals and newer palm leaves.

I'll be cheering on Ecuador at 4 ..

Or perhaps the Inca didn't make it afterall...

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Nice builds everyone.  I wish I had got mine in earlier now, so the standards weren't dropping ;)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
So mine was Group C:  Mexico, Poland, Saudia Arabia and Argentina or Drug Cartels, Sausages, Oil and Steak as I interpreted it!!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
High standard all round , love seeing flags as it reminds me of the panini stickers of the players-impossible to collect them ALL! David's structure is serious build with the leopard eyeing the monkey and the overhead shot!

Offline regula1

Hi all - some very cool entries! Talking of dropping standards.. and i know this is a bit late and isn't anywhere near up to your standards but I showed the competition to my 10 year old son (he's a huge lego fan and constantly building) and he wanted to enter so I thought what the heck and entered for him... please forgive us!

Out of our group draw, he choose morocco and did a kind of sand dune scene out of what sand coloured bricks he had.. now you have to use your imagination a little but you can see a dude under an umbrella at the top of the dune, a well, and a few other slightly random things like the 2 guys eating fish. Then he googled and found jungle in morocco so did a bigger plate of that with some ruins and a tree (i'm not how many jungle ruins there really are in morocco :-) )

Anyway, we don't really have enough pieces to go all out but i said i'd post it anyway!

Matt.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Has a mine craft feel to it but better than Minecraft, great layering and scene building techniques

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I wish I had got mine in earlier now...

I wish I had got a chance to do mine at all!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'd bend the rules and get  your submission in ,everyone should be represented

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Out of our group draw, he choose morocco and did a kind of sand dune scene out of what sand coloured bricks he had.. now you have to use your imagination a little but you can see a dude under an umbrella at the top of the dune, a well, and a few other slightly random things like the 2 guys eating fish. Then he googled and found jungle in morocco so did a bigger plate of that with some ruins and a tree (i'm not how many jungle ruins there really are in morocco :-) )

Well done on the build! Certainly the sand dune effect worked out well. Wasn't aware of jungles in Morocco, learn something new every day D