Author Topic: Apartment  (Read 7951 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Hi everyone,

I've been building this apartment for some time now but thought I'd share some pics as it's nearly complete. I had to wait for deliveries of lots of parts as I ran out before hitting the third floor and with the postal services inundated with mail it was a slow wait :((

I will add some details outside and do the interior on the top floor before signing it off as job done.

I've got most of the parts to have 2 further blocks in nearby location in the city layout so that's the next project :)

First, a picture in the midst of the build. These kind are my favourite photos to show Lego is all its beautiful messiness.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Looks great David! Very reminiscent of a lot of blocks around Dublin. I foresee an upcoming scandal in your city about a dodgy builder who didn't adhere to fire regulations!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Glad you like it Tom. It actually has a stairwell connecting the 4th and 5th floor. If you walk through the door on the 4th though you fall to your death. So it's safer than most of my buildings. There is no toilet though, not enough space to fit one in. Will have a closet just outside the apartment entrance that could house a toilet but I put in a clothes washing machine instead as a toilet outside the main door would be just weird.

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Class dave

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
A washing machine instead of a toilet?! Your LEGO wasn’t  in NAMA by any chance ;)

Looks great.  How did you get that dodgy wallpaper?  Are they tiles?. I’d love your parts bin. Maybe after lugbulk I’ll have a few more pieces!!

• Lug.ie Team
After much digging I think I've identified these decorated 1x4 bricks!

Wish I knew more about what decorated parts were on offer, I tend not to go near them in my own builds because there are just too many options to search through! And I imagine a lot of them are hard to obtain - that wallpaper brick was only ever in one set.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
After much digging I think I've identified these decorated 1x4 bricks!

Wish I knew more about what decorated parts were on offer, I tend not to go near them in my own builds because there are just too many options to search through! And I imagine a lot of them are hard to obtain - that wallpaper brick was only ever in one set.

Super sleuth!  I know who to contact for the background checks in future ;)

Never even occurred to me that it was a brick.  One to add to list of possible parts for Lug bulk

• Lug.ie Team
Me neither at first, I could only make out one vertical seam so I was guessing something 1x4x6, but the higher res photo on David's flickr revealed some more visible horizontal seams :)

Incidentally, David, is there any particular reason you don't include the flickr link in your images?

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks for the positive comments guys, glad you like it.

Sorry for late reply but Tom's spot on with the wallpaper bricks. They were available at 0.90c a pop or so from LEGO.com a few years ago. Bit pricey though so only use sparingly.

No reason not to include Flickr link but it tends to throw in a link after every image so I removed them.

But here's the link

Me neither at first, I could only make out one vertical seam so I was guessing something 1x4x6, but the higher res photo on David's flickr revealed some more visible horizontal seams :)

Incidentally, David, is there any particular reason you don't include the flickr link in your images?

Online John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Your flicker page should be showcased to an architect or a town planner at least , very impressive , on par with the lego instruction manual city scapes but a lot more design detail