Author Topic: Central Bank  (Read 10246 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
I was struggling to get an idea today as to what would look best on this bendy road - debating an apartment block or office block. Well the office one won out in the end as I had 'builders block' when it came to how to position an apartment complex.

So this office block will be the home of the Central Bank of Legoland. Very much semi-concept at the moment. I hope to get an exterior looking decent and then build properly so as it doesn't fall apart and is modular to allow interior to be done at some stage. Not in the mood to do the interior at the moment, always much more effort (and parts) than the exteriors I find.

My main plan is that the building will be staggered in height as I like this complex look. I may relocate an previous made office block to be placed beside this as the colour schemes are the same.

Any suggestions fire away. Happy to get new ideas.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
That's a substantial structure ,love the amount of light that's going to pour in and what it'll look like it a lighting kit

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Looks really good David. I missed the original office block for some reason. A combination of them would be really cool ... particularly if you got some lighting inside. I get plagued for interiors by the kids, but you’ve a lot more freedom without them. I would add a doorway though 😉

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks guys. A lighting kit, would no doubt be cool but if homemade not sure I have the patience to do it. I've seen you can buy kits but I suspect they are pretty expensive. Anyone dabbled?

@Patrick, a door, good idea but trying to keep the auditors away. I'll work on it though :)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
I’ve played with LEDs and resistors with button battery’s hidden in mega blox. Didn’t want to rip up real LEGO. Not a huge amount of success. I think I might have more luck with some rubber tubing to hide the wires and technic bricks. Sounds like a winter project coming up!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
One or two lego light bricks would illuminate the blue spectacularly enough

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Couple of latest shots.

And a door for Patrick..

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Busy making a team of auditors out of minifig parts!!  Coming along great David.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
A little update. I changed the glass style and experimented building the corner up higher (first picture) but have decided to remove it for now. New plan is to have a large tower coming up from the centre but will see how it goes.

Offline Daragh

Looking great. I love the curved road, I can't make out how you did that.

Maybe it was covered elsewhere but I have been hibernating lately :-)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Here it is Daragh - I believe it's all 1x2 grille tiles on their sides!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Would definitely require signage as slippery surface and probably a weight restriction .road plates are expensive for a reason

Offline Daragh

Here it is Daragh - I believe it's all 1x2 grille tiles on their sides!

Thanks for that, would not have imagined it possible to get such a good looking curve that way, cool.

Agreed John :-)

lego