Author Topic: Creator Lunar Lander - 10266  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
My first build in about a year.

Good set, took about 5 hours in total, actual build time about 3.5 but had to stop to pet cats, make coffee, etc.

Timelapse build here: https://youtu.be/_VyJe2Fb5K0
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
A lot of time laying out the build pieces -my empty bag and toss\search method probably isn't any faster , I see a pair of glasses on the table ,should we do an inspection of completed works!!?! Love the moon base build too. The creater

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
A lot of time laying out the build pieces -my empty bag and toss\search method probably isn't any faster ,
I find that seems to work better for my building style with the timelapse, gives time for the elements to appear before they vanish on to the build.
I see a pair of glasses on the table ,should we do an inspection of completed works!!?!
Only need them for far away, and close up, and miscellaneous! :)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The layout version looks great , I guess with big builds getting minifigs to bring parts and assemble them would need to be a paid job to do as a time lapse

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
The layout version looks great , I guess with big builds getting minifigs to bring parts and assemble them would need to be a paid job to do as a time lapse
Yeah, would be a frame by frame stop motion, with the timelapse I just set up the fake "GoPro" to take a frame every 0.5 seconds and then stitch it all together and speed it up until it's down to like 3 minutes.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
The timelapse is great! I must give that a try some day.

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
The timelapse is great! I must give that a try some day.
Really easy with most action cameras to set the time between frames.  Of course can shoot it normal speed and then edit it to whatever speed you like.

lego