Author Topic: Building site  (Read 14611 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Just started work on a building site, yes I'm building a building site!

Well here's a first few pics, will post more as it develops.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Looks great. I picked up a wheelbarrow in the traffic lights xtra pack recently that would be perfect on site.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Shovels,wheelbarrows  and hand tools to be replaced by diggers ,dumpers  and pneumatic tools  ,hope this development gets completed before The Bust

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Loving the SNOT work!!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
@Patrick, will include the minifig builders at the end. Pretty sure I have a wheelbarrow somewhere so will try to dig it out!

@John, pneumatic tools a good idea to speed things up.

@Lisa, thanks, glad you liked it.

Small update.. 2nd level pretty much completed, just don't walk too close to the edge.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
It's looking great David.Love the stacked up columns at the side.  Construction could be a theme for January MOCs.  Time to get working on the important parts of the site; canteen, site office ... porta potty :)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
@Patrick, portaloo, now that's a bit of a luxury in my city.

A splash of colour... but don't worry not for long.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Hope this site isn't courtesy of a well known Dublin landmark

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
@John, no, it's safe.. for now

Put a road in to get in supplies quicker! Have to act fast before the bust..

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
The council finished the road and planted a tree tonight (good luck seeing such efficiency IRL) and the contractor has started to construct a tower crane. Somewhat chicken before the egg on this one...

Riser extended and hoarding put up to hide all the health and safety breaches from view. Found a nice blue door I got way back in 2007 or so with the 7905 crane so a portaloo may just sneak in. Running out of space though..

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Who would have though a building site would look so cool?!  Great job David.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
There's a building site fire set out now ,designed to be frank slender friendly hope this site attains its accident free day count

Offline wallyjarek

Interesting, something different then usual.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Thank you Patrick. John, with all this concrete I'm not sure how a fire could take hold but where there's a will...

Did some 'work' on the site over the weekend. Hoarding revamped to make it look more wooden (painted white) and what's intended to look like reinforced concrete in the making (the protruding brown bars).

Also added in some temporary support beams.

Currently working on a tower crane. Haven't made one before (with exception of the 7905 set) so a bit of research was needed. The operator's cab is not yet in place but it will hang from the side which is common to see although LEGO tend not to do it in their sets. Have to locate a suitable window before I can work on it.

I wanted the counter weight to look like concrete slabs as they tend to be such but LEGO's weight is a black brick but LEGO bricks on their own don't add sufficient weight so in the end I packed my grey slabs with metal nails. The black LEGO weight comes in at 50g with my grey weight around 60g.

And finally, started building a cement mixer. I'll try to duplicate it at some point and have two lined up on the road.

It's all still a WIP but getting there. I need to dig out construction workers to help finished it off.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A six wide truck would deliver more concrete, love the re-bar poking out ,get that graffiti kid to vandalise the boards too

lego