Author Topic: Classics anyone?  (Read 19991 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Here's my small collection of old sealed sets (apologies for the light bulb effect).

I'm not a collector of new box sets but like to add an odd old set now and then as I find them a real throwback to my younger years and great memories.

And I do love the LEGO System and LEGOLAND logos.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Very nice.  All mine are unboxed and well played with! Here are 2 from the late seventies that my brother grew out of and I commendeered ;-)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I have nothing old in or out of a box , I do have 10 unopened small sets and have been asked "what's wrong with you?" ,so David WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? ¿? I did get to see those sets and had my throwback moment too

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Where to start John, where to start...

@Patrick, nice sets, little dusty but don't look in bad nick all things considered.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
Flicking through my phone images, I forgot that I had re-bulit this last year.  This was my favourite set as a kid, think I got it for Christmas in 1994 (or 1993 - not sure).

#6398 - Central Precinct HQ

Many hours were spent playing with this set, and really developed my love for LEGO.

P.S - just noticed I haven't placed the helicopter in the image

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
It hasn't dated too badly ,could pass as a outer city precinct cop shop

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Another classic from yesteryear... I think this may have been my second LEGO set as a kid, set 6666, originally released in 1994. The eagle-eyed members will notice it's not 100% correct, the windows are supposed to have stickers applied (horizontal blind style), but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Also have box and instruction manual

I do love these older sets, and currently sorting through my bricks to rebuild my first ever LEGO set.  Will post up once built.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
An attempt to bring the anti4-wides into saying nice things ,I found a front chassis 4wide where driver sits and brought back the horrors ,also found a few openable  roof parts too ,only thing is those old sets with box+instructions are valuable

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
How did I miss this thread!
Will be back to flood with pics of my old sets!!!!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
You must have a city layout or is it kidded ie.in general toy population

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
So over the weekend, and after building 6666 last week, I spent most of Saturday building a lot of my old Town sets.  Most of the sets are complete, bar a few, but the eagle-eyed members will spot the missing/replaced pieces.  I've my BL list created to restore them to 100%.  Anyway, here they are:

6352 - I actually don't remember having this set when I was a kid. Personal favourite of sets posted (obviously for playability factor).

I've a few more classic town sets which I hope to put together shortly, so no doubt I'll be back in here soon again.

How did I miss this thread!
Will be back to flood with pics of my old sets!!!!

Can't wait to see these Lisa!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Love all of these and have all of them in my possession. The first three were mine, the final three my brothers so I guess these are arranged in approximate year of release perhaps?

The condition of yours looks much better than mine however.

(Pretty sure that rear spoiler on the red racer is for one of those missing pieces)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Love all of these and have all of them in my possession. The first three were mine, the final three my brothers so I guess these are arranged in approximate year of release perhaps?

The condition of yours looks much better than mine however.

(Pretty sure that rear spoiler on the red racer is for one of those missing pieces)

Correct David, the rear spoiler on the Red Racer isn't 100% accurate, I've searched everywhere for the correct red hinge piece and cannot find it anywhere!

Another set re-built this weekend, 100% complete (exception of one tiny sticker).

6442 - Sting Ray Explorer - released 1997.

I've a few more classic sets in the pipeline, will post them soon.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Looks like it stood the test of time but has the subs arms still got clutchability ,Wife got me recent creator 3 in1 sub and had sub from city line, ,now I need a Jang undertable sea area

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Looks like it stood the test of time but has the subs arms still got clutchability ,Wife got me recent creator 3 in1 sub and had sub from city line, ,now I need a Jang undertable sea area

It has stood the test of time really well, and yes, the arms still have got the clutchability, actually surprised how well they move. 

Found the box for this set today too, sadly no instructions have turned up yet!

Another build from my collection, had to replace four 1x1s with colour alternatives (I have the originals somewhere in the bottom of a box, I gave up looking at 11:30pm last night), but other than that, 100% original.

6342 - Beach Rescue Chopper - released in 1993.

lego