Author Topic: Obligatory Snow Post!  (Read 5004 times)

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
Just remembered I had the minifig that came with a penguin.

Stole the rear spoiler from one of the Speed Champions Mclaren's
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Snowboarder looks happier than the penguin!

Offline Philip

• "I love my Brick"
  • County: Kilkenny
Whilst some were having fun snowboarding, I had to get the the heavies in to free me from my snowbound home......

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
Whilst some were having fun snowboarding, I had to get the the heavies in to free me from my snowbound home......
That's awesome!!!
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline Spudh

• County: Kerry

Love it!!

Was the truck able to push through that snow when it was loaded?

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
Theres not a sodding drop of snow up my way apart from a bit of damp slush :'(

I have so many snow related builds as well I would love to crack them out for the wintery wonderland lol.
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline Philip

• "I love my Brick"
  • County: Kilkenny

Love it!!

Was the truck able to push through that snow when it was loaded?

The Volvo loader had some "differenital issues" - it would be better if it had diff locks - some wheel spin but after about 30 seconds the brand new batteries got too cold. It has quite a strong scoop on the Volvo - one of the better Lego Models that actually performs quite well.

The Arocs truck was well buried! Only about 4-5cm snow - the photo was staged in my front porch as the snow was too deep elsewhere. But too deep for the truck. In real life would have needed some serious chains.....

If the Volvo had diff locks and the batteries did not suffer from the cold it should have performed quite well!

Shame I haven't gotten around to building 42069 - Extreme Adventure!

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
(Snow related but kind of OT)...those Lego Ninjago & Friends Magazines that Grant kindly gave to my kids at the Dublin meet-up were total lifesavers over the last few days!  We had no power, so the magazines kept them entertained for a few hours at least!

Marz_girl

(Snow related but kind of OT)...those Lego Ninjago & Friends Magazines that Grant kindly gave to my kids at the Dublin meet-up were total lifesavers over the last few days!  We had no power, so the magazines kept them entertained for a few hours at least!

Lisa,
Sorry to hear you had no power, but it's great that the magazines kept the children entertained!  I don't have a snow post either as instead of building with Lego bricks, we were building an igloo with snow blocks :)

Offline Wyldstyle

We got help clearing the snow!