Author Topic: Storage of Lego - Built Sets  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Philip

• "I love my Brick"
  • County: Kilkenny
I know that Lego stored in direct sunlit will cause discoloration (yes - you white bricks!) but if i were to store built sets in my attic does anybody know if this will cause damage? Obviously nice and dark but not sure if the heat radiated through the roof slates would be of issue?

Thanks, Philip

Offline Chawkeye90

• County: Wexford
I had always kept my built lego sets in the attic until I moved out of home. Never had any difficulties. I just took the batteries out of my power functions technic sets so they wouldn't corrode etc. At one stage I did have sets in vacuum bags to prevent dust gathering on them but the bags tend to sweat so not sure if this is the best idea longterm  I am lucky enough that I can sacrifice a room in my own house for them now.
Colin

Offline Hench-Wench

I know that Lego stored in direct sunlit will cause discoloration (yes - you white bricks!) but if i were to store built sets in my attic does anybody know if this will cause damage? Obviously nice and dark but not sure if the heat radiated through the roof slates would be of issue?

Thanks, Philip

Hi Philip,
Had stored some built sets in my attic, biggest issue i had were spiders taking up residence and cobwebs! They were up there for over a year, so just needed a little cleaning when I took them down again

Offline Philip

• "I love my Brick"
  • County: Kilkenny
Thanks for your responses, my display cabinet is full and no more space:(

Have put some shelves in the attic, unless I win the lottery not much hope of more shelf space.....

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
This was a set 950 ,given to me by a workmate who didnt want it and knowing my lego love felt it'd  get a better home. I broke it down found online instructions ,it's blocky and not as stuck together as modern technic. I broke a tiny gearwheel that snapped on inserting the cross pin. It looks awful but for its time must have been a great toy. My friend did say he played the bell out of it