Author Topic: An instant classic  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Finally caved into the Technic 42128 tow truck, and wow, what a fantastic set it is. First time in a long time building a Technic set that's not motorised, and it was such an enjoyable build experience! With other sets I've built recently, like the 42082 rough terrain crane or 8043 motorised excavator, the motor and complex gearbox kind of prevent you prom playing with the functions until they're done. Not this one! There were functions being added throughout the course of the build, and it made it really enjoyable to appreciate how each one worked seeing it individually as it progressed.

I left off the hideous stickers, the set's only serious flaw in my view, and plan to replace the white panels with a combination of orange and white liftarms (maybe with a blue stripe, and extend the stripe along to the back). Also planning to get down to some modding at some point. It would be nice to have a functional steering wheel, double wheels on the back 2 axles, close up the ugly gap around the headlights, gear up the mechanism for raising the towing arm a bit so you don't have to take a week off work just to raise and lower it. Eurobricks has a thread on mods and improvements but surprisingly nobody has made instructions for their improvements so I might get around to that too, having done it for the 42112 concrete mixer a while back.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
That's a sweet build ,and the great thing about technic is ,with it being so sturdy kids can play with it without bits falling off,  most technic sets have gaps that can look awful but I can forgive these transgressions

lego