Author Topic: The No Particular Topic Topic  (Read 51971 times)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
The Hidden Side Boat & Shrimp Shack were two of my favourite sets from last year. 
My 8 year old played with the app for a bit but he wasn't overly bothered with it!!

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
Has anyone bought any of the DOTS sets yet?  I kind of really like them!!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Has anyone bought any of the DOTS sets yet?  I kind of really like them!!

I bought the Ludo game from Lego earlier this week and got the dots picture thrown in.  Looks like fun.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
They're for girls mainly but printed 1x1 tiles might interest some .as a bracelet i can't imagine the studs would last on any kid ,but argos's  but 2   bracelets get filler pack free =12 euro

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
I've bought 2 bracelets already (my 4 year old LOVES them!!) - unicorns & rainbows - two of her favourite things!!

That picture frame looks really cute, the LEGO store really do the best free gifts!!

The Ludo game looks really good too - what colour is the baseplate btw?

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
That picture frame looks really cute, the LEGO store really do the best free gifts!!
Picture frame looks really cool.  My wife and daughter are arguing about whose picture should be in it.  I've a feeling the dog's picture will win ;-)

The Ludo game looks really good too - what colour is the baseplate btw?
We bought a normal Ludo board a few years ago and its great fun.  The kids nasty streak is developing nicely :)  The baseplate is dark grey and looks pretty nice so it may need to be swapped out with an old one ...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Brickset has a quiz if the other C word is locking You out of society for a while, no prizes though

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Went looking for the quiz and got sidetracked: I see that Lego have a new competition. Show off your love of music using Lego

Though I say sidetracked... this whole thing is a sidetrack, I'm supposedly working from home...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
At least you remembered what you were actually doing

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Happy St. Patricks Day  everyone, hope all are well , just saw series 20 minifigs and I want them all but not at crazy prices. On a side note since there's no parades We're doing a lego parade ,my Daughter doesn't know how much lego is actually in this house ,brace for overload

• Lug.ie Team
Hope the minifig parade went well, hope it doesn't count as a gathering of over 100 people!

Happy Paddy's Day everyone!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Didn't want to give the virus it's own thread as it's got enough of everything else, feeling guilty as I want to browse Tesco to see if any deals left but using essential shopping time and risking proximity  ,especially as lego itself is giving deals and in u.k. 'entertainer' is doing BOGOF -but one get one free.trying to stay safe but need to stay sane too with something I really like

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
How's everyone keeping?  Things are bad when I started making the Technic Catamaran that my 8 year old started last November!!  I finished it - but boy do I not like building Technic!!  It's so hard!! 

Is anyone currently in the middle of a MOC or anything?  We could do a kind of Build Along where we share regular updates?  So not like MOC of the month stuff - just WIP's?

John I was in Tesco last week - they had a few sets reduced but nothing fantastic.  I haven't left the house in a week (bar to go in the garden) but I'm going to have to brave Tesco for cat food tomorrow (God damn picky cats won't eat Aldi cat food!) - I'll let you know if there are any good offers on LEGO there.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'm ogling over baracuda bay ,castle and pirates were my never had favourites as a kid ,and at 200 it shall continue into adulthood. 6.50 off 20 Euro sets ,lego has been branded un-essential, when I get voted in it shall be quintessential.

• Lug.ie Team
How's everyone keeping?  Things are bad when I started making the Technic Catamaran that my 8 year old started last November!!  I finished it - but boy do I not like building Technic!!  It's so hard!! 

Is anyone currently in the middle of a MOC or anything?  We could do a kind of Build Along where we share regular updates?  So not like MOC of the month stuff - just WIP's?

John I was in Tesco last week - they had a few sets reduced but nothing fantastic.  I haven't left the house in a week (bar to go in the garden) but I'm going to have to brave Tesco for cat food tomorrow (God damn picky cats won't eat Aldi cat food!) - I'll let you know if there are any good offers on LEGO there.

I like the sound of that, should there be a new thread for it? I've been very busy with Technic lately, almost fully sorted all my Technic and I've been tinkering with various mechanisms, most of which have been failures. Got a large vehicle project in mind but trying to figure out how all the functions will work first is a challenge.