Author Topic: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer 75252  (Read 15215 times)

Offline DaveNoCheese

• County: Limerick
UCS ISD has been announced... it's a beautiful looking set but I can't justofy the high price point considering it has almost 3,000 pieces less than the UCS Falcon!

Name: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer
Number of parts: 4.784
Price: 699.99 euros
Price per part: 14.6 cents
Minifigures: 2
Sales start: 01. October 2019
VIP pre-sale: yes (from the 18th of September)

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-bilder-infos-preis/85550

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Cheaper than the MF  but a galaxy far far away for me

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Just seeing it's an "ultimate collector series" and as we all know ultimates lead to the dark side

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
I still haven't made my mind up on this set...

On one hand, I've been so excited for the release of this ISD, patiently waiting on what LEGO was going to bring us.  No doubt, it looks incredible, and would be a fantastic build, but there's something I quite can't put my finger on.  Before it was released, I was a 'day-one' purchaser, but having stewed on this for a few days, I've slowly changed my mind.

Yes, I know it's expensive in terms of price per piece, and yes there are only two mini-figs (albeit exclusive), but there's something that makes me nervous about purchasing this set.  I love all things LEGO SW Imperial, and this set was a certainty for me (even though I'm building Raskolnikovs ISD) but I'm now on the fence.

What is putting me off?
The coloured pieces used in the structure (are these visible if there are gaps?)
The non-existent interior
Exclusion of a Darth Vader mini-fig (I think Vader should have been included)
The mini Tie Fighter - minimal I know, but why a 1x2 with stud for the wings? Surely a 2x2 with stud would work better? Or gave us a mini Imperial Shuttle?

I love the artwork design on the box, and if the presentation of the contents is similar to the Falcons, it surely will impressive.

Besides the obvious expensive purchase price, what everyone's thoughts?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Price and where in vaders name would You put it, it requires a house not only a room

lego