Author Topic: Sturdy build  (Read 2919 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Just built 42135 monster truck ,I couldn't build freestyle - using box art and only looking at blocks of pages, but needed to go page by page. Only gripe is horns don't stay up and no flag like gravedigger or MaxD. Super sturdy build and fun especially if you've any other monster trucks and it even ties in with stuntz line with ramps and obstacles

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
In loving these monster trucks, wish the wheels were the bigger ones from stuntz , gravedigger ,built tonight, will hopefully be my last and no more to lure me in ,but 16euro was well worth the build and licence. The ramps from stuntz would make great obstacles

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
1st of the month so opening of a new box but it's a seriously great build with much frustration especially 6282140( 27 of the beep beep beeps) nearly broke all of them! Some construction parts that make strong connections needed 4 hands to get all pins to go at the same time as 1 by 1 strained the last pin. It's same scale as corvette so I'm happy with my oversize car rental collection for the airport I'm dreaming of having as a city layout centrepiece

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Those pins nearly needed replacing and a sticker sheet with a pattern that would look bad if applied sloppily, some bits at the front nose section are held in with 2 pins ( sub assembly then attached) but looks great , take extra care to use sticker no's  for specific parts and get orientation correct ,now just need to set the hire rates and watch those green 100 tiles mountup

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A picture for minifig scale

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
42122 ,1st bags part 1 complete . Beautiful build, did a lot of skipping pages build to extend building time , it reminds me of the pictures of naked builds in technic from old.I'm not hesitant to complete it but I'm loving the exposed bits and scrapyard feel in its incompleteness

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Built 42136 technic John Deere 9620R ,it was 30euro (lego shop ) ,as I haven't seen it elsewhere and I did want it ,I jumped on it. I'm building 5 or so pages ahead and using box art to build it , correcting my homework  happened a few times as I guessed wrong on hidden bits. It looks great and could take a minifig with a seat MOD. Trailer needs a tailboard and higher sides! It's just in time for harvest season