Author Topic: Lego Technic Survey  (Read 3244 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Completed and lied convincingly, technic is great but the good sets are too dear for me

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
"1.If you could choose, what 3 IPs/Brands would you like to have in the LEGO Technic portfolio?"

That's a bad start - I mean the IP sets have their merits but they could probably be a separate product line from Technic!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
LEGO has too much focus on IP brands in general I feel. Real shame and hope they go back to having some of their core themes someday ie Space and Castle.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Yeah I wish it wasn't the case, but then again those brands attract customers who perhaps wouldn't otherwise be buying Lego at all. I can see the need for it. At least in System the IPs are themes unto themselves (Harry Potter theme, DC Comics theme etc), whereas Technic doesn't have that for some reason, they just lump the luxury IP shelf display models in with the mechanical toys, and the survey really gives me the impression that they haven't grasped that they may appeal to different groups.

I imagine most Technic fans might like some or all of the IP sets, but a lot of the Porsche/Lamborghini/Land Rover fans probably aren't that interested in an unbranded crane. On the legotechnic subreddit there's probably a daily post of someone showing off their first ever Technic set on a shelf, or their first few, which is always one or multiple supercars. They want to "complete the collection", which is perfectly reasonable and understandable but they're not fans of the Technic theme. I wish Lego would recognise that they're a different target audience!

lego