Author Topic: Display Cabinet  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Brictronic

• County: Dublin
I thought I'd share a few images of the display cabinet my wife allowed me to build, after a few debates regarding the merits of such a cabinet. I decided to use it for TV / Film sets only (The Harley I can just about justify by being in Terminator 2 and plenty of other films). I'm hoping there's enough space left for the Batwing and the new Ecto-1!

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Nice work, those are really deep shelves. I keep wondering how to display my Technic sets - some are too big to fit on most shelves without hanging over the edge!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
This post answers my dust question. Tighter packed shelves and you'll get more in

Offline Brictronic

Nice work, those are really deep shelves. I keep wondering how to display my Technic sets - some are too big to fit on most shelves without hanging over the edge!
Hi Tom, I actually used two Ikea bookcases, sandwiched together, one in front of the other with no back on the front one. This provided the depth and allows for staggered shelves in the unit.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Aaah makes sense! I thought the holes down the side looked very Ikea-esque! A Billy with the glass doors? That looks ideal, hopefully the doors do a decent job of keeping dust out!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Hi Tom, I actually used two Ikea bookcases, sandwiched together, one in front of the other with no back on the front one. This provided the depth and allows for staggered shelves in the unit.

Clever idea. Looks very well. As others have asked, how is it with dust protection?

Offline Brictronic

Clever idea. Looks very well. As others have asked, how is it with dust protection?

I've had it built for almost a year and a half now and so far, it has been excellent for dust protection. We had some building work going on during that time and I forgot to seal the gap in the double door but it didn't matter, it has proved very effective.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
That's very interesting and good to know

lego