Author Topic: Creator Ford Mustang  (Read 10077 times)

Offline Xwing

• County: Down
I just recieved my lego Ford Mustang 10265 today and for 120quid I was hoping for a good set. It is really a beautiful recreation of the original car. The build is solid and a really fun build so far (different to my star wars sets lol). And there is only a few stickers. Most are printed bricks. Two custom parts only in this build too, that surprised me. However I felt some. Of the bricks are really poorly painted. In the model 7 tiles form the white line and it looks all crooked to me. I got onto lego about it and they are passing on my complaint to quality dept but not giving me replacements as the one they had in the office was the same 😥

Can't upload photo as its too big even cropped lol. Quality is dropping or am I too picky lol.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Does look like quality is dropping on that set for sure. Those lines sure don't look right. Might not look so obvious from a different angle but I can understand someone being disappointed.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
If you like the lower level ones with the GT end the line may not look as wobbly but it may have a step which might not be as bad as what's there now

Offline Xwing

The glass front and rear are a bit ruffled up as they were lose in a large bag. A bit of plastic cover would go a long way too. At least those line panels are at the bottom sill and not too visible from a top view perspective as you said John. I ended up removing them all (14), no easy task and rearranged to look a bit better I think 😋

I'll post a pic when done. It is a very nice set though! Enjoying it a

Offline Xwing

Offline Xwing

Here is a final picture 😋

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
That's one fine model,wish I had funds to get big technic  ,apart from the build experience you've got a serious display piece

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Does look impressive. Bearing in mind the print issue, what would you give it out of 10? An enjoyable build?

Offline Xwing

Its my first big car so I could be biased but I would give it a solid 9/10 build and looks (10/10 if the prints were good). I see the same issues raised in comments section too lol