Author Topic: Circuit cubes  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Just curious if anyone has heard of or had any experience with these compact Lego compatible motors? https://circuitcubes.com/collections/kits/products/bluetooth-upgrade-kit

They seem to be quite popular among train builders from what I've seen on Flickr (example).

I'm thinking of buying one of the bluetooth kits in the new year as a way to motorise my Irish Rail diesel, which has no room for a standard battery box. It would save a huge investment in the 9v system!

If anyone has any experience with these I'd love to hear about it.

I've gone fully over to the dark side now, first it was custom XXL train wheels for the Hogwarts express and now this... how will I ever look Lego purists in the eye again?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Who is this?

• Lug.ie Team
I forgot, I've already got an S Brick for controlling Technic motors, I've been on the dark side for almost two years :D

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
What's the problem where other lego trains seem to work with motors

• Lug.ie Team
Space! Train battery boxes are huge:

The alternative is 9v, but it's very expensive (average €38 for a used 9v train motor on Bricklink, but then you have to buy 9v track as well - the Circuit Cubes kit is £35 and no 9v track required).

The mid section of my diesel will be only 4-wide, so it's 2-wide on the inside, so no room for a battery box.

I've redesigned the diesel to fit in circuit cube motors (2 if necessary, as the kit I'm looking at comes with 2 anyway, but I'll try it with one). You can see motors marked M and battery marked B here:

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Battery power so I guess no drivers need apply!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
It's a 7 wide at the front and rear or below /between bogies? Or motorise a carriage