Author Topic: Classics anyone?  (Read 20141 times)

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Antrim
This could spark another truck-off, we did a few 4 wide builds ,nice for 4wide! No discoloration so must have been in a bunker with no kids!

It was packed away in the chap's attic, he had a few other sets but some of the boxes were a tad too far gone in terms on condition.

Post man brought me this little box this morning.

6350 - Pizza To Go

Looking forward to bringing this one together later this evening.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
A 4x4 chassis with mudguard and a 2x4 mudguard so an ugly pick-up found it's way into the world. I need a 2x4x2 screen - I've 4 3x4x1 's .a tailboard to follow

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Finally got around to building 6350 Pizza to Go, lovely little set, although the main sticker does let it down a little, will try and source a new one. The eagle eyes will spot the parasol pole isn't quite accurate, unfortunately I don't have the old grey version at hand.  I loved this set when I was a kid, and plan to clean it up with fresh new white pieces.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
And another... 6594 Gas Transit... I finally got one.  Had been looking for quite some time to find one in excellent used condition, along with a decent box.  Picked this one up on eBay a few weeks back, maybe a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but not as extortionate as buying a sealed one.

Probably one of the best examples I've seen, really well kept, original plastic bags and spares, along with instructions and leaflets in fantastic condition.  But wait... where are the tanker Octan stickers? They weren't applied, and still on the original sheet. 

I might purchase some aftermarket stickers as can't bring myself to apply the originals.

More to come :-)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A pizzeria brick built sign might be nicer than a sticker sheet. The batman movie scarecrow delivery bike dwarfs the van. Love the octan truck , very 80's and could be replicated easy enough (i think).who knew the heights they'd scale to in the lego world.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
A pizzeria brick built sign might be nicer than a sticker sheet. The batman movie scarecrow delivery bike dwarfs the van. Love the octan truck , very 80's and could be replicated easy enough (i think).who knew the heights they'd scale to in the lego world.

Who knew the heights indeed, makes me wonder where we're going to be in 15/20 years in the LEGO world. A couple more sets I purchased over the last while:

6538 - Rebel Roadster

6639 - Raven Racer

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
With the 8wide steroid cars  now it'll be 10 wide in a decade maybe. A storage wars episode in U.S. a locker had 80's stuff. Forrest /castle medium boxes and other small boxes and poly bags too 100000 dollars value for 29 boxes

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
But wait... where are the tanker Octan stickers? They weren't applied, and still on the original sheet. 

Amazing!

Love the pizzeria too, that was one of my first sets, pity about the multi-brick stickers.

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
With the 8wide steroid cars  now it'll be 10 wide in a decade maybe. A storage wars episode in U.S. a locker had 80's stuff. Forrest /castle medium boxes and other small boxes and poly bags too 100000 dollars value for 29 boxes

It could well be 10 wide in a decade, can only imagine city layouts will become huge to accomodate the size.  That would be a epic find, the nostalgia would be off the chart!

But wait... where are the tanker Octan stickers? They weren't applied, and still on the original sheet. 

Amazing!

Love the pizzeria too, that was one of my first sets, pity about the multi-brick stickers.

It really is a pity about the multi-brick stickers, so many of those yesteryear sets suffer from them.

I'm currently working my way through 6397 Gas N' Wash Express... really good condition although I'm missing a couple of Octan stickers for the other signpost :-( The tow vehicle needs a little attention too.

Any one else have any Classic's to share?

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I only had a post office and my brother had a medical centre,  I was more into Tractors (britains) - farm boy! That could be why I'm 4wide intolerant

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
I only had a post office and my brother had a medical centre,  I was more into Tractors (britains) - farm boy! That could be why I'm 4wide intolerant

Strangely, I was into tractors when I was younger too, Britains too, I lived in the country but not on a farm, relatives had farms, maybe where that's where it came from, who knows.  4wide intolerant - that give me a chuckle. Another cracker I picked up a few weeks back.

6562 - Gas Stop Shop - I haven't built it yet, it all looks to be in decent condition, I think one sticker might be a tad discoloured, but will see. You may notice a pattern forming, I've a thing about Octan sets of lately.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
An agent of The President B perchance??

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Octan were a great subtheme but they really did love overusing flags in 1990s Town :D

Offline hre1d

• Lug.ie Team
Wasn't really sure where to put this, but one of these came up locally for sale on Marketplace. Great condition considering it's 25 years old, didn't have too much play wear (which I suppose benefits me). 

4254 FreeStyle Playdesk - just the lap table

I've already filled it with Duplo for my daughter, who is loving the novelty of now being able to sit comfortably on the sofa instead of the floor :-)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Of the plates could move\slide it'd be a great play area

lego