Author Topic: Best way to deal with dust  (Read 1611 times)

Offline AndyW19

• County: Kildare
I've always had a big problem with dust on my sets and builds. Never really had a good way of dealing with it and kind of gave up as the size of my collection grew. However, recently I saw a good video from Solid Brix Studios on how he deals with dust. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc-gjZ55dRk

I bought the Dyson attachment and it works really well for removing dust. It's able to get around the studs very easily and does not scratch the plastic. They were sold out on the Dyson website so I got it through amazon.

Here's the link to it if anyone is interested. https://www.dyson.ie/support/journey/tools/972157-01

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
If dust is a problem then you've got discolouring which doesn't become apparent till you take them apart. Recently I got an anglia(Harry potter flying car ) ,the original blue was on unexposed bricks but external it was a green ,it's worse on white as it goes smoke yellow

Offline AndyW19

So far I’ve been pretty lucky with discolouring. Only noticed it on s few sets so far, mainly white. I try to keep my builds away from windows as much as possible.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Most of my lego is hidden in boxes but I've noticed some stickers peeling and I'm debating whether to peel off and just bear it

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
I try and keep the blind closed in the Lego room for fear of yellowing, but seeing as it's also a guest room and family are here a LOT helping out with childminding, in reality I have very little control over that blind!

Dusting my Lego is on my to-do list, after sorting the unsorted piles, repairing some models that got damaged at Culture Night, hanging the Lego Town posters I got for Christmas, the list goes on :D

lego