Author Topic: Courthouse, completed  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Introducing the courthouse, now finally in real bricks!

It was a fun build, I've learned a lot about building from a stud.io plan since the previous two buildings - separating the virtual model into steps is key, even if each of those steps has a hundred or so parts. This took about 3 evenings and the best part of a Saturday.

I experimented a bit with the base of the structure. There's no baseplate under it, in fact there's no floor of any kind. And it's sitting on a SNOT-built pavement, which I'm not entirely convinced was a good idea - that remains to be seen when I attach it to some roads I guess. The lack of floor makes the structure really flimsy without the pavement, and you can't really lift the building by the pavement. It's going to eventually need some strengthening.

Anyway, here are some more photos, and there are plenty more in the Flickr album :)

The back

Lady Justice and the dome

Roof windows

Main door

Side entrance

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Now you need some politicians/criminals to process and all the city police vehicles and maybe a hotdog cart to get proceedings going ,will look good at an exhibition with customs house

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
That is a thing of beauty.  Great build.

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Deadly!  Absolutely brilliant Tom!  I hope we can see it in ‘real life’ on our next zoom meetup!

Offline Legolandbuzz

• County: Dublin
Nice job!! I love the whole design but it's the clever creation of the flag on the roof that really catches my eye!!

Offline Taylorbrick

• Moc builder of fire vehicles/stations.
  • County: Down
Fantastic looking moc, the details shapes etc, the stand out is the dome awesome.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The real live version on Saturday was even better than the photos

Offline Daragh

• County: Dublin
Excellent, looks really well. Some great details, took me a second to work out the diamond over the windows, so simple but so effective.  I also love the scales of justice and the detailing around the door, all very clever.