Author Topic: Medieval Castle Extension  (Read 3423 times)

Offline BrickSwords

• County: Dublin
My current project is an extension to the Medieval Castle (31120). This is phase 1 of the extension.
I really like the design of the castle so I've tried to implement and develop (copy) as much of the current design as possible whilst adding to it.

This is how it connects to the current set

Sideview of Armory, Royal Mint and Alchemist Tower

Armory with side access

Royal Mint

Royal Mint 2

Alchemist Tower

Alchemist Tower 2

Hidden trapdoor, with mechanism, to inescapable jail

Inescapable Jail

Alternative View

Currently working on phase 2 consisting of a working portcullis gate, the Great Hall and Royal Home

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
The castle was very basic ,I nearly preferred the tall tower alternative build. This gives it more body and you've got more to do , it'll be most impressive. A slight elevation to give more weight to the water wheel would be my mod if I had it

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Very nice, love the very grim details in the inescapable jail!

Agree with John, I think I'd the whole thing was raised up on some rocks it would look amazing... An expensive project though! Looking forward to phase 2!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Great mod, big improvement on the original. The extra space is needed for adding the interior details. I think the Castle could be improved fuether if you raised the standard boundary walls 3-5 bricks higher. Looks like a minifigure could get a boost to climb over DDD

Offline BrickSwords

I probably add some elevation to the whole thing when I get round to building it into a display. Hopefully I can pair it with the rumoured castle set coming this summer. 1 castle on either side of a valley with a river running through it (just so I can add a pirate ship)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
And a western settlement and a SPACESHIP and all old great themes are covered