Author Topic: Articulated lorry (4-wide)  (Read 9485 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
A simple articulated lorry with a shipping container. I may make the height of the container 1 brick or 2 plates lower but this was the most efficient means to build it using the groove bricks 1x2x5. Also could perhaps be another two studs longer. The truck marks a change from my usual crates based on LEGO's standard 4x8 plates which don't make much sense as 99% of these trucks have a single very long container.

LEGO Articulated Lorry

LEGO Articulated Lorry

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I think the height would be perfect if it was a couple of bricks wider ;) like the idea of the grooved bricks for the container though.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Yeah assuming you can't stomach Patrick's suggestion I think a brick lower would be better.

A very nice little truck though, makes me nostalgic for those early 90s catalogs with the massive town scenes!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Longer but love those old school truck wheels ,as a kid I had one set of big wheels so one tractor was all I could make

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
I think the height would be perfect if it was a couple of bricks wider ;) like the idea of the grooved bricks for the container though.

6-wide does lend itself better to large trucks, that is true :((

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
I will take on the suggestions, will make it a brick lower and at least 2 studs longer!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Update

I rebuilt it with following changes -

height reduced
length increased by 2 studs
cabin/tractor rebuilt and extended

Not sure what roof decoration to include on the cabin, preference at the moment are the tiles or plain..

LEGO articulated lorry 5 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO articulated lorry 4 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO articulated lorry 3 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO articulated lorry 2 by David D, on Flickr

LEGO articulated lorry 1 by David D, on Flickr

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I like the red sloped tile! Also I see you've added something to the back of the cab, got a better view of that by any chance?

Proportions of the trailer look good!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
I like the red sloped tile! Also I see you've added something to the back of the cab, got a better view of that by any chance?

Proportions of the trailer look good!

I agree.  I like the sloped tile too.  Maybe a few air horns ...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Light bar on roof looks great , needs an extra axle and a grill bar, longer trailer and landing legs .....I like trucks!

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Light bar on roof looks great , needs an extra axle and a grill bar, longer trailer and landing legs .....I like trucks!

As the in-house truck expert..

extra axle on trailer I assume? I noticed on my M50 route many trucks have 3 axles (but sometimes 2) on trailer and generally 2 but sometimes 3 on tractor..

I will experiment with three on trailer and landing legs. Grill bar on front I take it?

Thanks for the tips guys. I guess the slopes are considered better than the lights? I could try adding in an air horn or two.. will mess around

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
We could have a truckoff

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Check out the new city stuntz theme, bikes with pull back n go feature and there's a yankee bigrig

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I found instructions for the car transporter ...well half the 2nd part of 60060, (I also rescued a duplo surfer dude), this set only came with 2cars for a 4car transport, and the length of it was crazy, so butchering the instructions I've got a 6 car ...I mean 6 4wide vehicles transporter. My, never to be built ,airport for my ,never to be built, city needs equipment even if it is 4wide( yes I'm anti 4wide and a hypocrite as I've got some). I couldn't find a hitch connector so I've made a technic one

lego