Author Topic: Sticker woe  (Read 4418 times)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Nice build - in fact a fantastic build even though there seems a fragility with some of the smaller parts. Looks great - a pitcrew instead of the wind tunnel would have been better  but the stickers on the smallest panels were hard to get right and I hope they stay being so small. spoiler attachment is weak and as I said of some build parts it's not for kids unless it's entered in a demolition derby

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
These are great sets but the stickers are a nightmare alright!  My 8 year old got the speed Champions Chevrolet for a gift. The box was opened but when he saw the stickers he lost all interest in building it! 

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
76900 koenigsegg jesko , 16 euro 8 wide enjoyable build ,not very playable as there's a lot of 1 stud holding plates or those dots pieces with incomplete stud grip. Stickers used but they were a pain to put on small parts and line up to look right. The wheels aren't tyres over rims but a single piece- undecided if they impress me! The move to 8wide gives it better proportions but in a city layout they look way too big unless it's a 4wide city then they highlight That problem. A Top Gear fan with only purpose is to display then these are great , I may change my stance when this year's speed champions sets are released

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
The white printing on the windscreen is a very different shade to the white bricks, heard about that problem with another one, was there a white Speed Champs Lambo or something?

8-wide still an abomination as far as I'm concerned anyway, looks way too big for cities!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Way too big for cities and even worse with the new plates but display scale great ,also not that sturdy for rough play. I only got it as it's relatively cheap and I didn't fancy Buzz lightyear yet

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
76903 twin set of Chevy speed champions, I was really only after the stingray but 33 euro was hard to pass on , both builds have sub-builds that are fantastic ,I tried building by art and skipping 3-4 pages ,it worked on the C8-R ,they're massive but look proportionally right although the stingray doesnt seat the driver. I can't really recommend it except you're after the cars , as there's soooo many stickers and they're integral to the look, and the wheels are single mould- tyre and rim as one.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
wheels are single mould- tyre and rim as one.

Never heard of this before but it seems like a crappy cost-saving measure!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
I'm done with 8wide ,they're ridiculously huge and the smaller 6s seem sturdier ,too much 1 stud attachments and build overs to keep it together

Offline Royalridge

• Grant
  • County: Dublin
I recently did the 8 wide Lamborghini and the Aston Martin DB5, I agree that 8 wide do seem to be more display than play.
Currently typing on a Lego keyboard (honestly, I am!)

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
If you've only got 8s ,they're not as obtrusive, but everything then needs to scale up, a win win more lego for you and more lego sales!!!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
76917 Nissan skyline, with the recent city custom \chopshop garage I fancied this ,but there's a bucket load of stickers.it'll need them to look like the movie one

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Stickers in places where its critical to the look, were awful and the fact that the stickers stand out really highlight any misalignment was worse! It's sturdier than other Speed Champ sets but rough play as it's licence "ferocious and quick" would suggest .again -display not play! I've a Ferrari to build next

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Nissan in for a boost- " we're gonna need a bigger lift" . Garage needs serious filling out to say Garage

lego