Author Topic: Quays and roads  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Two buildings don't make a city, but roads and quays help it to take shape, so here I am finally presenting the beginnings of my as-yet-unnamed city!

Featuring lots of seaweed...

... a bus stop (no real time information screens yet though - my minifigs could have a long wait until a bus shows up!)...

... and lights! Just experimenting with some pound shop Christmas LEDs - to be honest these ones weren't a great solution but I just wanted to see what it might look like.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Lighting through those of any coloured windows would work as long as internal presentation isn't so important, is that a David style brick built road, I prefer the base plates but 6wide cars and trucks dont really go well on the bends and the new 8s I'll make brick built the better option , now You need blue for the river

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
That SNOT bus road marking (okay that reads realllllly weird!!!) is brilliant!!  The olive green is a perfect colour for the quay side too.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
That looks fantastic.  I'm struggling with the best ideas for lighting myself.  I've used power functions, butchered mega bloks to add LED's and batteries (didn't want to use Lego!) and strip lighting.  Still not sure what works best.  Cork lights for wine bottles are quite small though so may need to go shopping on AliExpress.

Definitely a cityscape though and agree with Lisa about the olive green.  Inspired!