Author Topic: Oldest photo of yourself with LEGO?  (Read 4478 times)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Thought this might be fun.

Here is the oldest photo I unearthed from my parent's photo albums of myself playing with my LEGO.

I am about 5 and do remember this photo being taken. Those with a keen eye might spot the carriages of train set 7710 being used as houses. I believe that blue cardboard box is probably it's original inside box.

I'd love to see other member's old snaps so if you have one do share!

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow
Pretty sure this is c.1985. Assembling set 6930 (secretly disappointed that it's not 6385).

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Great photo! Looks like you might be making a few mistakes though...

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow

Offline Spudh

• County: Kerry
Found a few old ones,

Here is me and a few of the neighbours with a couple of creations. We're all around 10 so that would put it about 1982/3, The yellow technic came from the helicopter set 852, the blue from motorbike 857

I think I must've used just about every brick we had left to build the battleship but there is an A-Team van on the pier and I think that is either a black Magnum PI Ferrari or maybe the Trans-am from Smokey and the Bandit.

I built every vehicle from all my favourite TV shows, the A-Team van, the Fall Guys truck, the Lotus Espirit from James Bond, the chopper from Blue Thunder. I have a photo somewhere of a pretty good Airwolf if I can find it.

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
Great looking battleship there Spudh. Hope the hull has less technic bricks in it than the top though.

Offline Daragh

Thankfully there are none of me that I know of, but I am a bit sorry that I don't have any photos of the mad things I used to build. I am fairly sure a photo was taken of some of them, but no luck locating anything.

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
Spent a wee while looking for pics of my younger self playing with lego but to no avail.

I do have these pics however, taken last year at an event in Smyths, technically the oldest photos of myself with Lego as far as I know. :P

I seem to recall trying to make a TIE fighter out of various City line helicopter parts.
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline Spudh

• County: Kerry
Spent a wee while looking for pics of my younger self playing with lego but to no avail.

I do have these pics however, taken last year at an event in Smyths, technically the oldest photos of myself with Lego as far as I know

:P :P

Well if you cant find an oldest photo then one with you at your oldest with lego has to be the next best thing  :)

lego