Author Topic: Finally bit the bullet  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
Putting this in the "Everything else" section because it's not actually Lego - I had to go to AliExpress for this one.
Anyway I'm finally realising a childhood dream with this set:

Can anyone tell what it is yet? :)

Offline Samsonite

• County: Dublin
That's way bad. 5571 by any chance?

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
How is the quality (looks good from afar) ? What is the brand, Lepin, and how much did you fork out? Are whoever is making this making other old sets?

• Lug.ie Team
5571 indeed!

The quality is fine mostly, a few bits have annoyed me though. The black Technic pins with friction don't have any friction so the rear mudguards flap about a bit and it would be a disaster in a Technic model of you were relying on them for rigidity. There are a few noticeable places where the various between bricks are slightly too wide, and I've found two 1x1 round bricks with excess plastic around where the mould joined up. Also the old style Technic bushes don't mesh into each other like they should.

When it's finished I'll try and get round to writing a proper review, I've got a feeling more issues might crop up.

It was €87 with free shipping if I remember correctly. It is Lepin. Don't know what else they do in the way of old sets but there's nothing else I want that's so expensive that I wouldn't pay for the genuine article!

Robert

So Tom, the question is based on the quality you have found would you buy another Lepin set?

• Lug.ie Team
So Tom, the question is based on the quality you have found would you buy another Lepin set?

Woops, I keep forgetting to come back to this. No, I wouldn't. I don't regret it for this set, but only because it's the only non-Technic set that I've ever really had my heart set on for years and I know I'd never take it apart to use for parts.

I will still try and get round to doing a full critique of it but it'll be more of a list of problems than anything else!

lego