Author Topic: Difficult Choice... What would have to be your Desert Island set?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline underthetree

• County: Wicklow

Offline Daragh

• County: Dublin
It would have to be a huge set so I would have loads of parts to work with, but the Millennium Falcon is too gray and the Taj Mahal is too white so something like Firehouse Headquarters or Ninjago City. A very large Technic set would be ok too.

Offline Mike

• County: Limerick
The death star 75159. I'd have 23 friends to play with. Can act out scenes and dream about flying across the stars above me with Carrie Fisher as I fall asleep. 

Or a Cargo train set with remote PF and a chest of batteries and spare track

Offline catwrangler

• County: Antrim
Hard to resist Medieval Market Village. There's enough pieces to rebuild creatively, and enough minifigs and animals to do some storytelling...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Any Technic even the smallest , I love city sets but a restriction to 1 makes Technic my go to

Offline Chris Hastings

• Star Wars and Bionicle nerd, maker of rubbish mocs
  • County: Antrim
Creator 3n1 'island adventures' it seems like the logical choice :P

Either I could fashion a house/escape vessel out of nearby parts, using the lego set as inspiration, or if that fails then just take really nice pics of the set haha
Chris Hastings - Inspired But Tired

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
I guess I'd go for maximum playability... but I probably didn't land on the desert island with a load of batteries so motors are out.

It's close between the 8460 crane and the 8459 front end loader, two favourites from my childhood. But although I love the technical aspects of cranes they're always just a little frustrating to play with because there are so many things you can't pick up! Since there's presumably plenty of sand on my desert island that I could shovel around the 8459 wins it :)

Offline Aidan

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
picking from my own sets has the be the hogwarts castle set, the amount of pieces is the winner for me but wondering helecarrier with its motor might be better idea.

maybe i should have decided before i posted. ha

oh well