Author Topic: Pub WIP  (Read 17435 times)

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
So after a few months of not having anywhere to build properly, I've bought a house and finally have plenty of space! So progress has resumed on the pub!

And more on flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvLn5V5

I can't really progress any further without paying a visit to Mr Bricklink, but watch this space!

Edit: so the photos I tried to attach didn't attach... Flickr is the worst. I'll have a go again in the morning!

Edited by Lug.ie Team (fixed image links)

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
This is excellent Tom. Can't get over how good the old red fences look as they do fit the requirement perfectly. Gotta say it it coming along nicely, will come to life when the figures are allowed in. The Dublin and Irish flags suit the scene. I suspect you'll have a few old geezers at the bar? Any chance of Sky Sports on the TV? There's usually a Man U or Pool fan floating around those pubs..

• Lug.ie Team
Thanks lug.ie team for fixing the image links! Forgot all about it yesterday.

Any chance of Sky Sports on the TV? There's usually a Man U or Pool fan floating around those pubs..
I'd be afraid that it would stop looking like a tv if it wasn't black but I'll give it a try and see how it lokos! The tv is one of many bits where I went slightly away from the original plans, mainly because It's just too annoying to pick apart the ldraw file and it's more fun to build with flexibility.

• Lug.ie Team
Edit: I actually thought I'd posted some updates a couple of weeks ago once I'd finished the upper floors and added the adjacent bookshop - must have forgotten to do that!

Final Work In Progress update - this should finally be finished this week!

The exterior of the building is now done, and all that remains is the interior of the bookshop, a couple of details inside the pub and the pavement.

The burger advertising billboard at one end.

A billboard for the other end - any X Files fans out there who recognise the brand?

The bookshop/cafe name: Novel Tea

Offline wallyjarek

• County: Limerick
This is looking really good.
I like ideas with billboards.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Superb. Cafe sign is class.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
This is like a child you've not seen for a few years and look how it's grown ,pub to modular .novel tea has great Halloween and Christmas display opportunity, do you have a city to display it in or is it a stand alone

• Lug.ie Team
This is like a child you've not seen for a few years and look how it's grown ,pub to modular .novel tea has great Halloween and Christmas display opportunity, do you have a city to display it in or is it a stand alone
It's the first of many city buildings! Need to give my wallet a break for a little while but I've already got a fair idea of what the next building next door will look like.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
A building site of base plates and piles of bricks, get the construction crew David hired,they seemed competent enough

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
Haven't seen this style before and with the two peaked rooftops and chimneys these ooze a real-life Dublin feel. Kudos for achieving this.

It would be great to see it completed with footpath, road, some minifigures as they will bring it to life and it deserves that.

The signage and billboards are great. Especially like the Novel Tea and what looks to me like a Marlborough cigarette brand! (don't think I have seen an X Files since the 90s).

• Lug.ie Team
It's finally finished*. I thought I'd have the last few bits done the same week as I posted the last update... that was almost four weeks ago!

I've added a floor and an interior to the bookshop, finished off interior details in the pub, paved the outside and of course added a few minifigs.
As usual all photos are linked to flickr, and here's a link to the album.

Overview of the front of the building.

Incidentally the roof does come off if you remove the chimneys first. But I forgot that there's nothing that you can actually grab onto on those twin slopes so it's almost impossible to remove anyway.

Right side with burger billboard.

Left side with Morley billboard - incidentally although Morley is best known as the brand of cigarettes in the X Files, they've appeared in numerous otherwise unconnected works of fiction!

Some pub customers drinking outside.

And again...

One local resident didn't like me taking his photo.

Some prospective customers checking out the bookshop's window display.

Bookshop interior.

And more of the bookshop interior. The stairs lead up to a cafe upstairs (to be built one day) - hence the shop's name Novel Tea.

Bit of a strange selection of books. I saved most of the best ones for the window display. This man is apparently buying the Lego Extreme Team theme logo, while one of the books on display on a table is the old Fire logo and there are two copies of the Space Port logo on display in the shop.

Here we have some customers in the pub. And the barman's having some difficulty with the tv remote by the looks of things, because the tv is still not showing anything despite David's suggestions!

The toucan is sitting by the fire... which is fortunately not lit. Wouldn't want the toucan getting its feathers singed!

And the bar is finally stocked with bottles and glassware...

And soft drinks in the corner for those more responsible customers.

*Actually, there's a bit of paving at the back that's still not finished - I ran out of grey tiles - but it's a small enough area that I was able to keep it out of the photos. There's also a missing hinge on one side of the trap doors (not sure what you'd call it really, the hatch for keg deliveries) in the pavement in front of the pub. Not to mention that one day I'd love to do an interior upstairs!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Fantastic build. Not only packed with detail, the minifigs really bring it to life. Well done 👍

• Lug.ie Team
Thought the inside of the bookshop still looked a bit bare so I added a small shelf in front of the counter and a potted plant to break up that big expanse of tan wall at the back.

lego