Author Topic: Christmas Display  (Read 9881 times)

Offline Eamonnbilly

• County: Donegal
Hi,
Thinking if having a lego Christmas display this year, anybody here Have their own Christmas display annually and what Christmas sets that they have which are great for it for the display..... retired or not!
Sorry for being early on Christmas but need to plan!!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
I bring out the last advent calendars and open this year's ones as per advent, there are some great winter village sets but too rich for my blood, -fire station is this years one

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Thinking of doing the same.  last year I bought the christmas train and had Santa's workshop from the year before.  Built a few things to fill in the gaps then myself.  Need to have a think about that one myself.  Might have to allow a few store bought creations mixed in with our own creations for Decembers MOC of the month.

Offline Eamonnbilly

Yeah the fire station looks good tbh, but I’m after buying the winter train set and mr and mrs claus brickheadz on lego site and wife and wallet will think I’m mad buying more, I’ll have a look at small retired sets which I may complete with bricklink!!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
I think I justified buying the train station last year as well seeing as i got the train :)  Can't wait to get the Christmas Lego out

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Get the Halloween stuff out first ,just put zombies or the monster minifigs in situ instead

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Started a few things for the display.  Church and ice rink made.  Not sure if the church is too big though ...

Offline Eamonnbilly

Yeah looking forward to starting mine. Ordered the fire station at the weekend and got the Christmas gift box!

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Yeah looking forward to starting mine. Ordered the fire station at the weekend and got the Christmas gift box!

Sweet.  Just building a table to fit the christmas tree on so I can have the lego christmas train and all the bits going around it.  Have to leave room for presents underneath :)

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Table ready for Christmas tree and lego!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
Is your tree Groot or just very small, a Christmas train is so mesmerising and then to watch polar express and inspire a MOC

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Hopefully will take the weight of a 7 foot tree. Have some 12 inch bolts keeping the blocks in the centre. Going for artificial so no sap drops on the lego!

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
My little bit of Christmas lego is whatever came in a few advent calendars,got more santas than i care for ,may have to get a shop made that sells santas, I don't lay them out except on the calendar display section

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Elements are coming together now.  Need to pick some minifigs and props to set the scene.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
Minifigs added.  Just need to get the tree out of the attic now.

lego