Author Topic: Request for LUG.ie members to participate in German LEGO Exhibition  (Read 4406 times)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
Ok this is exciting (well I think it is anyway!!)

LUG.ie has been invited to participate in Modul und Technik, the annual big show in Stuttgart Germany, that our Brickmate’s LUG participates in each year.

(In case you don’t know a Brickmate is someone who LEGO pairs new LUG’s with to show us the ropes, help out with questions etc.)

The Event will take place at Messe Stuttgart between 19-22 November and there will be 5000 sq meters of exhibitions!

https://www.messe-stuttgart.de/modellundtechnik/#besucher

Would anyone be interested in participating?  I’m seriously considering it.

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Looks like it's not just lego but more like big boy toys a.k.a toys kids can't afford, if We're sending someone We should do a fundraiser to at least part fund it. It might have to be part of a vacation though if can get it past my Wife

Offline DaveNoCheese

• County: Limerick
Colour me interested...

Just to note there are no direct flights from Ireland to Stuttgart, you can fly Dublin - Frankfurt - Stuttgart. Skyscanner currently has the return trip (Nov 18th - Nov 23rd) at €108 which is quite reasonable.

Offline Tom a.k.a. eastawat

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Kildare
My understanding of German is pretty much limited to "hallo freunde den bunten klemmbausteine" (thanks to the SteinaufStein Youtube channel) so I'm struggling to read that website. Is there actually much Lego at the show? Seems to be general modelmaking and electronics... I'm guessing more of a focus on Technic than System?

I'd be a bit tempted if it was easier to get to, but it sounds awfully stressful to transport models that far!

Who's our Brickmate by the way? Would be interesting to check out his/her models.

Offline Merlin

• County: Dublin
If a few people are interested it might be worth renting a small minibus/van to transport people and/or their displays, does the event contribute towards costs? i'd be up for going to this :)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
This is a google translate of some info about the event - so please forgive some of the weird wording:

exhibitors: The success of previous years has encouraged the fair management of the entire area of ​​the gallery in Hall 1.  If it works, we are offering an “author café” for the first time, and AFOL book writers should have the opportunity to present their work. For example, there is a demand for Joachim Klang! Dear friends, forget about modality: give whatever you can get into the car. We rely on everything that is great! And with a global record attempt with Duplo rails, it should be a Guinness book. And as last year, we offer many articles and programs for you in the AFOL lounge, which has now been granted (you can find more on this on our homepage). Of course, we don't keep it all for ourselves, but there will be lots of social media reports and contributions that will make “your things” accessible to those who have to stay at home. Finally, the most notable thing we can offer is: In addition to the “endless” exhibition space, we provide four full exhibition days. namely from Thursday to Sunday. Participate and help make Schwabenstein 2020 a flagship LEGO party for young people!

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
Some images that Dan has sent on.

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
More pictures:

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
To answer some questions:

Who's our Brickmate by the way? Would be interesting to check out his/her models.
  Our Brickmate is called Dan.  He doesn't have an Instagram for his models, however here is a link to the LUG that he's a member of:  https://www.schwabenstein.com/

does the event contribute towards costs  No

lego