Author Topic: Smyths Make & Take Event -16/2/19  (Read 6988 times)

Offline lisaloveslego

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Wexford
FYI:

To celebrate the launch of The LEGO® Movie 2, we are hosting a free LEGO Make & Take event on Saturday 16th February at 9am in ALL stores! It's simple, head down to your local Smyths Toys Superstore, make something awesome from LEGO® Movie 2 and then take it home with you! This event will take place while stocks last, so make sure you get down early! What will you build?!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/in-store-events?utm_source=Circulator&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TY004-19

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Would love to partake but gotta work  and when finished i guess that'll be no bricks left

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow
Went to this today. Opted to go into Jervis Street to avoid what I thought would be mayhem in Carrickmines. Pretty underwhelming, but my 4yr old was in her element with the elements, so relatively successful excursion.

Wish the Smyths staff would attempt to make it even the smallest bit exciting for the kids. It was awkward and dreary. Hope it was a bit more enthralling in other parts of the country.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
Went to Kinsale Rd. Smyth in Cork. It was insane! Had Camogie training with my daughter at 10 so we headed out before 9. There was 50 people ahead of us queuing at 8:45. When the doors opened at 9:00 there was a surge to the LEGO boxes of poly bags where there was a free for all. Some people took about 15 bags for themselves. Everything but the magazines were gone by 10 past. Definitely could have been organized better. I was expecting more LEGO store and less zoo feeding time 😉

Offline conor

• County: Wicklow
Man, I would have driven to Cork just to see that spectacle.

Jervis Street was tumble weed -- civilised and painfully unspectacular -- I would say there were four kids other than my own. We got given the three polybags (Emmet, Rex and Metalbeard) on offer and balloon (which made its way towards the exosphere shortly before lunch).

Offline David

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Dublin
(which made its way towards the exosphere shortly before lunch).

LOL had to laugh at that..

Well seems it was a mixed experience. From past experience I would feel that most Smyths staff aren't usually the most helpful, although I have come across some exceptions over the years. Despite the potential promise of a few polys I wouldn't punish myself venturing up to the hectic nearest store in Blanchardstown. I'm pretty sure my allergic reaction to such shopping centres has saved me a lot of time stuck trying to get in and out of a carpark..

@Patrick, good to hear you and the kids had some success.

Offline Patrick

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Cork
I was thinking Saturday morning at 9 everyone would be in bed! Kids got 1 of each of the poly bags anyway and I got to build my Lego agents command Centre (8635) for them to play with. Neither would take on the build! It was full of Ninjas at bed time though with metal beard looking on ...

Offline John

• Lug.ie Team
  • County: Limerick
Got to go in the end my 5yr old walked around the frenzy ,1 young teen building a monster(free lego no limit build) ,6pieces and not one unikitty piece we left with 2 more emmets  ,didn't seem to be the other polys